Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chris Brown Publicly Addresses Rihanna, "I Was Wrong For What I Did" [Video]



Chris Brown has addressed his publicized domestic dispute with ex-girlfriend Rihanna on a special airing of BET's "106 & Park" this week.

Brown took the televised opportunity to once again apologize to his fans and display regret.

Taped earlier this week, Brown's return to the infamous set where he has both performed and premiered videos, will include an interview with "106 & Park" co-host Rocsi. Reviewing the past year with Rocsi, Brown, at one point, says "...with the situation...it's not something you could take lightly and not something you could push under the rug...it's a really serious situation and it's something that I regret and I wish I didn't do it."

He also placed emphasis on being a non-violent person.

When Rocsi asked, "Do you think the punishment fits the crime?", Brown paused, and then spoke more of the public humiliation he has been suffering than he did of the actual court-ordered punishment. Brown made it clear that he was not his step-father and sent out a clear message to people who might be in relationships that involve domestic violence. "The choices and decisions you make will change your future," was part of his message.

Upon being asked about his thoughts on Rihanna's publicized interviews describing their fight, Brown said he wished she would have remained silent.

"I think, me personally, I can only be a man and just accept the fact that I was wrong for what I did and own up to the fact for what I done and accept the responsibility for what I done," he added. "Of course, I respect her decision, I personally wanted to keep the situation private, but at the end of the day, it's her decision...I think what people kinda got the wrong notion of is that I use my smile and my laughter to -- block how I'm feeling. Even If I'm at the worst part of my life, I'm just gonna smile -- I can see now -- I don't know if I smile or what not how people are gonna take it, I just smile -- to kinda smooth it over. I'm definitely remorseful by all means."

Brown previously released a statement regarding Rihanna's interview last weekend.

"While I respect Rihanna's right to discuss the specific events of February 8, I maintain my position that all of the details should remain a private matter between us," he said in the statement. "I do appreciate her support and wish her the best. I am extremely sorry for what I did, and I accept accountability for my actions. At this point, I am taking the proper steps to learn about me and grow from my mistakes. I only hope that others in similar situations can learn from our experience as well. Abuse of any kind is always wrong. The rest I leave it to God."

Check out a portion Chris Brown's "106 & Park" interview below:

No comments:

Post a Comment