Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Monday, November 23, 2009

Mase On Jay-Z/Beanie Sigel Conflict, "It Don't Matter What Diss Record You Got, You Still Need A Hit"




Former Bad Boy protege Mase recently weighed in on the publicized dispute between ex-labelmates Beanie Sigel and Jay-Z by saying diss records don't sell albums.

From Mase's perspective, today's rap beefs are more of a gimmick than they were during the mid-1990's East Coast and West Coast conflicts.

"Beans and Jay, I think it's ridiculous," Mase explained to DJ Drama. "I think it's ridiculous you know, I think it's ridiculous really. It's not called for, you know what I'm saying? I don't know, I come from a different, like when I was doing rap and people had issues, they just go across your head, they from that go up side generation. Not all these records and all that. They just go up. [laughs] When we was going up against the West Coast, it was like real serious issues, it wasn't just do it because your album is coming out. The gimmicky era, 'What I need to do to sell some records?' I don't believe you sell records off diss records, I think you sell 'em off hit records. It don't matter what diss record you got, you still need a hit record."

Lil Scrappy recently hit up SOHH and explained why diss records and rap beefs do not typically work out financially in the long run.

"If you a real gangsta, cuz, you tell the n*gga to go meet you somewhere. Whatever we gonna do, let's do it and be done with it. If you 'not' gonna do it, then make that joint big. Get some money off of it 'cause when you going against each other, you really don't make no money, 'cause his fans don't like you and the other dude, his fans don't like you. So they would have bought [your merchandise] if y'all weren't even beefing."

Roc Nation's J. Cole said despite his loyalty toward Hov, he could not see himself becoming involved in the dispute.

"I don't know anything about that situation, to really have an opinion, so my opinion really don't [mean] nothing," Cole explained in an interview. "But I will say, like, from a fan standpoint, it's just a fan answer, you can really tell some pain in the words he's saying. I don't know any facts or details of what happened, like, that was before my era. It was a whole different time, a whole different culture I think of how they ran they business back then but you could just tell, it's coming from somewhere because you can hear the pain in his voice. You can hear real emotion. But I don't know details and specifics though. I don't know Beanie Sigel, I never met him. [Young] Chris is cool, Young Chris is real cool. I always run in to him, that's my man right there but I don't know Beanie Sigel...[Jay and Beans] are really street n*ggas, they come from a culture where it's like that's kinda how it is. I don't even think Jay's in that place [to beef] no more. He's far from that place and I'm d*mn sure not in that place, I went to school. Like, I understand it -- but that's not even my place [to make a diss record with Jay.]"

In addition to interview disses, Beans released a few hard-hitting anti-Hov records over the weekend.

"The takeover, n*gga, the break's over," Beans raps. "Fraud emcee, he, Jay Hova/Hey little soldier you ain't ready for the rude boy/quick to pull the tool boy/back out to you boy...Yeah I send something to you boy, let these hollows run through you boy/I'll ruin boy, make your body leak fluid boy...Can't trust you like a pope and a school boy/Think you're cool boy, 'cause you're running with the tool boy/You ain't nothing but a mule boy/You ain't a goon boy/You just a flip flop, white pants, greasy head funny looking school boy/Let's get to it boy/You don't really wanna do it boy...Yeah, what up boy? You don't got no words for me boy? You don't say nothing boy? D*mn, I thought you was the boy, boy? You ain't nothing but a boy boy, boy. Holla at your boy. I ain't gonna stop, boy! I'm not gonna stop."

Check out Beanie Sigel's "Think Big" Jay-Z diss song below:

No comments:

Post a Comment