Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Coolio Talks Mixed Martial Arts Fight, "Hell Yeah I'll Cheat to Win"



Rap veteran Coolio recently talked about his upcoming mixed martial arts bout against fighter Eric Martinez and promised he would not lose the fight by a knock-out.

According to Coolio, he is willing to do whatever it takes in order to avoid being beat up.

"I've been doing martial arts for 18 years," Coolio told radio personality Angela Yee. "Eh listen, somebody gonna get knocked the f*ck out! Coolio don't take a** whoopings well, I'll tell you what, if I get into trouble, you gonna know because it's gonna go from boxing to f*cking wrestling and choking because I hate to lose... H*ll yeah I'll cheat to win. Man please. I'd rather get disqualified than get knocked out. They approached me. They was just looking for a dumb motherf*cker that they thought might do it and they thought I needed the money but it's because I like to fight."

He recently released a statement discussing his anticipation for the match-up.

"I'm not a good loser, so I don't plan on losing, it will be a lot of fun and I am looking forward to seeing my fans out in Birmingham," he said in a statement. "I'm scheduled to perform on December 11th, the night of the weigh-in and I'll rock the mic the same night after I beat up Martinez."

A Thunder Promotions representative confirmed Coolio was chosen to replace the original fighter, DMX.

"I chose Coolio because he is a great entertainer and a tough guy," President Rod Riccardi said in a statement. "Not only is he going to fight, but he is going to perform live after the weigh-ins and after the fight. The location of these performances will be announced. This event is going to be the most entertaining MMA event Birmingham has ever seen."

Prior to bowing out of the scheduled fight, X broke down his position on the match-up against Martinez.

"We got a phone call asking if I wanted to participate in it," X said about how the opportunity presented itself. "I'm just gonna walk in as it is man, you know what I mean? It wouldn't be fair if I trained. I think it's three two-minute rounds...[My opponent] is shorter than me and I think he weighs a little more than me. I'm 175, six feet. I got a little build on me, you know what I'm saying? I've seen him, yeah I've seen him. He's a nice guy -- when I agreed to it, I didn't know it was gonna be him...I'm going to pick one of my own songs [to walk out with.] 'What's My Name.' I'm in the studio everyday banging joints out -- I got the pens and the paper. [New album] hopefully first quarter."

The fight is set to take place Friday, December 11th in Alabama.

Check out DMX initially speakingon the fight below:

No comments:

Post a Comment