Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jadakiss Talks Ruff Ryders Movement, "It's Like A New Beginning" [Video]



The Lox's Jadakiss recently discussed his role in Ruff Ryders reunion and revealed that rap elite like the late Biggie Smalls and Eminem have co-signed his emcee skills.

According to Jada, the Ryders long-awaited reunion is just a matter of getting his crew together in the studio.

"You know, the Ryders is pure talent around the board," Jada said about his team of emcees which includes DMX, Eve and Swizz Beatz. "It's just a matter of linking up and putting it together. I had to be the engine, you know what I mean, with this Last Kiss album, get back in the door, get my elbows, get my elbow space and pull everybody out. DMX is back out of the trouble again. I feel fresh, it's like a new beginning. Five years off [and] to have a first-week like I had, you know, the response is great. The people are still feeling the kid and that's all it's about...I was told I was nice from [Big] Pun, Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem."

Swizz Beatz previously talked about re-sparking the Ruff Ryders through working with X and Eve.

"I'm about to drop this joint that was supposed to be DMX and Jadakiss, but it's gonna be DMX and Eve," Swizz said in an interview. "I want people to hear Eve in that hard element again. X is on his A-game. They're in trouble. Just the lineup of music I have already done, ignorant! X is gonna come back so crazy. They are both on the way...I paused up on my album sh*t...I'm on a different level of expressing myself. I'd rather express musically than lyrically. But any minute, I can go in the studio and jump on some sh*t I made for somebody else and not wanna give it to them."

Last summer, Jada confirmed the movement would be in full effect for 2009.

"We got the Ruff Ryder, D-Block remix out," Kiss explained as he and Swizz Beatz pulled out trademark Ruff Ryder bandannas in an interview last May. "We got [DMX] on there. X on there, Eve, Drag On, Styles P, Sheek Louch, we bringing it back. We bringing it back to that element baby! ... And yeah, yeah, the Big Bosses tour, me and my big homie Cam'ron coming to a venue near you real soon...Catalog is crazy right now. We got Lox album coming, Ruff Ryder compilation, new Sheek album, new Swizz album, new Kiss album. We gettin' it poppin' baby!

Their reunion "Who's Real (Remix)" music video landed online earlier this year.

Originally a Jadakiss solo hit (produced by Swizz Beatz) from his most recent album The Last Kiss, the song's remix and accompanying video reunite the entire Ruff Ryders crew, Jadakiss, Swizz, DMX, Styles P, Sheek Louch, Drag-On, Eve and Murda Mook. The video's concept, overseen by Ruff Ryders co-founder and CEO Joaquin "Waah" Dean, pays homage to the collective street spirit the Ruff Ryders pioneered in the late 1990s. The video was shot in different locations, with DMX and Swizz on set in Arizona due to X's current travel restrictions, and the rest of the crew filmed in New York City.

Check out Jadakiss speaking on Ruff Ryders below:

No comments:

Post a Comment