Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Jim Jones Weighs In On Jay-Z/Beanie Sigel Dispute, "When Your Luck Is Down, You Resort To Bullsh*t" [Audio]



Dipset's Jim Jones has become the latest emcee to weigh in on the Beanie Sigel-Jay-Z dispute and said he can understand Beans' frustration but that the Philly rapper should have made smarter business decisions with Hov.

From Jones' perspective, Beans is using diss records to gain the public's attention.

"I'ma keep it all the way live," Jones told radio personality Angela Yee. "Beanie has the right to vent for whatever he wants the right to vent for, things like that, you know what I mean? I seen the ride we was on, he trying to get in the game and he knows one way to get back in the game is to stir controversy and who better to stir controversy than somebody that was directly in the camp and had to live that life day in and day out and seen the flaws that he could talk about and put a man on blast about due to the fact that he's venting because he feels or he felt that he was with a team that should have still been going now. And when your luck is down on you, you resort to bullsh*t because that's all you got. I don't know if that situation is frenemies because you came in as an artist, you don't know these people from nowhere. When I say frenemies, I know these people since 10, 11. People I've known for 10, 15 years of my life...After you start to learn the game, you think people are jerking you when they didn't, ya dig? If you came in and knew what you were doing, you would have been on top of your game and it wouldn't have went like that."

Mase also spoke on the dispute and said it was most important to establish hit records before resorting to disses.

"Beans and Jay, I think it's ridiculous," Mase explained to DJ Drama. "I think it's ridiculous you know, I think it's ridiculous really. It's not called for, you know what I'm saying? I don't know, I come from a different, like when I was doing rap and people had issues, they just go across your head, they from that go up side generation. Not all these records and all that. They just go up. [laughs] When we was going up against the West Coast, it was like real serious issues, it wasn't just do it because your album is coming out. The gimmicky era, 'What I need to do to sell some records?' I don't believe you sell records off diss records, I think you sell 'em off hit records. It don't matter what diss record you got, you still need a hit record."

Lil Scrappy recently hit up SOHH and explained why diss records and rap beefs do not typically work out financially in the long run.

"If you a real gangsta, cuz, you tell the n*gga to go meet you somewhere. Whatever we gonna do, let's do it and be done with it. If you 'not' gonna do it, then make that joint big. Get some money off of it 'cause when you going against each other, you really don't make no money, 'cause his fans don't like you and the other dude, his fans don't like you. So they would have bought [your merchandise] if y'all weren't even beefing."

After performing at a 50 Cent concert earlier this week, Beans promised more collaborations with the G-Unit leader.

"I just finished rocking the MySpace sh*t," Beans said backstage at the event. "It was crazy, I came out to the stage blowing my [Newport cigarette], put my Biggie's [sunglasses] on. Hold up, where's my Biggie's at? Where's my Biggie's at? These the Biggie's, came out with my Biggie's on, know what I mean? They went crazy. And that's just the beginning, wait 'til me and 50 dig in. [laughs] This sh*t start, this sh*t finish...Don't nobody want to see us walking down the dark alleys. You don't want to see that. You don't want to see that. You don't want to see that, [shakes head], ThisIs50.com. You definitely gonna see something with me and 50 in the future, definitely gonna keep putting my foot on n*ggas' necks."

Check out Jim Jones speaking on Jay-Z & Beanie Sigel below:

No comments:

Post a Comment