Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Monday, November 23, 2009

Dr. Dre Talks "Detox" Delay, "I'm Working Hard On It" [Video]


As fans continue to wait for his highly-anticipated Detox album, Dr. Dre has assured them that he has been working diligently on the project.

Speaking at an in-store media conference, Dre also explained why he has to feel "right" about the solo project before dropping it.

"You know what, I'm working hard on it man," Dre promised during an in-store interview. "I'm going and I'm stopping, I'm working with other artists in-between and what have you, but I'm working hard on it and the minute it's done and I feel it right here [in my chest] and it feels right to me, that's when it'll come out. And you know, hopefully at the beginning of the year."

Aftermath associate Game recently talked about working on the project with Dre and explained why fans should not worry about its delay.

"Man, I can't even describe [2001]... I would just say it's a classic West Coast album but it was world-renowned and it had an international appeal, like who from where didn't f*ck with that album?," Game asked in an interview. "With 2001 he just went back to do what he do best man and that's just trying to create the sun, moon, stars and Earth in seven days, man. The thing that stands out to me about 2001 is the same thing that stood out to me about Chronic -- Dre is a perfectionist and no matter when he coughs up an album, B, they be exactly what you need. I know it seem like he be taking forever with these albums but if you think about the time that passed between the Chronic and 2001, I think Detox is just about due. So it's not about him just making us wait, it's his format."

50 Cent also said he was recording for Detox around 2007.

"I don't even know what's going on with the Detox," Fif admitted in an interview. "The last [time] I spoke to Dre, he was actually not mixing my records because he was working on The Detox and then we finally got him to mix the records and you know, I think he's back in here producing records for it but I haven't heard [them], pretty much I think it was five or six songs that he actually recorded but that was a long time ago. He probably has a lot more now but I've been recording for The Detox two years ago."

Despite tension between Game and 50, Doc has said both artists will appear on the forthcoming album.

"Everything is good. Both guys are gonna be on my record," Dr. Dre revealed in an interview. "And you know, I'm just trying to put it back where it's supposed to be, all love."

Check out Dr. Dre speaking on Detox below:

No comments:

Post a Comment