Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rihanna Talks Chris Brown's Influence On New LP, "All Of It Isn't About That Specific Relationship"


With Rihanna's long-awaited Rated R album landing in stores this week, the singer spoke on how her time with former boyfriend Chris Brown played a role in its content.

According to RiRi, her relationship with Breezy does not dominate the entire album.

"This album is an expression of all those feelings that I went through in the last eight months, just different emotions," she said of the aftermath of Brown's assault. "All of it isn't angry, all of it isn't dark and sad, 'cause I didn't go through that the whole time. That was part of it. It was really a roller coaster, and you get that when you're listening to the album...I really vented on this album, and as I said before, all of it isn't about that specific relationship or what I went through, 'cause that's not who I am. That's not all of who I am."

Giving her first televised interview since the domestic dispute earlier this month, Rihanna said the former couple's fight stemmed from a text message.

According to Rihanna, the fight started as they were driving away from a pre-Grammy Awards party and Brown received a text message from another woman. "I caught him in a lie, and he wouldn't tell the truth. And I wouldn't drop it," the singer told Diane Sawyer. "I couldn't take that he kept lying to me, and he couldn't take that I wouldn't drop it. It escalated into him being violent towards me. And it was ugly."

Aside from recently apologizing at concerts and on BET music video show "106 & Park," Brown released a statement responding to Rihanna's televised interviews.

"While I respect Rihanna's right to discuss the specific events of February 8, I maintain my position that all of the details should remain a private matter between us," he said in the statement. "I do appreciate her support and wish her the best. I am extremely sorry for what I did, and I accept accountability for my actions. At this point, I am taking the proper steps to learn about me and grow from my mistakes. I only hope that others in similar situations can learn from our experience as well. Abuse of any kind is always wrong. The rest I leave it to God."

Rihanna collaborator Drake talked about his overall impression of Rated R earlier this month.

"Rihanna has a great album," Drake said in an interview. "She's got great records that she's using, she's got great records that she's not even using that she has for a later date. I'm excited for her. She deserves everything that she gets...We did do some great work together and hopefully it'll find it's place on some project one day. The record we have is great. It's a special record, so for it not to make it, I know something had to click. It's all good. I think the project's gonna be great no matter what."

Check out a portion of Rihanna's televised interview below:

No comments:

Post a Comment