Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Monday, November 23, 2009

Game On Drake's Rap Buzz, "I Wish He Would Hurry Up & Put Out An Album"


Game recently shared his views on rap newcomer Drake and why he is anticipating the Young Money emcee's long-awaited debut, Thank Me Later.

Game said he is happy to see the rapper reach early success.

"I love Drake, man," he said in an interview. "Drake is of substance. I think he's gonna be around for a while. I wish he would hurry up and put out an album, 'cause dude is great. I remember when I first came out and there was no [Young] Jeezy. Then Jeezy came around. I like the buzz rappers. I like when you hear a buzz, and then you see the bee. I love when you hear the buzz, then you see the bee in action makin' honey. It's crazy. I seen Jeezy do it. I'm seeing Drake do it, and I like when that happens. I appreciate those guys. They're of substance and they're part of my band of brothers in hip-hop." (Hip Hop DX)

He previously gave Drizzy props for his lyrical talent.

"Oh, Drake's the man! Drake is f*ckin' phenomenal. I like Drake, he's dope as f*ck. Lyrically that dude, the sh*t he says and where he gets it from is crazy. Drake is dope. I haven't heard a bad song yet."

Drake recently touched on the importance of lyricism on his debut.

"Lyrically, I want to keep the album as genuine and honest as 'Fear' is, but musically there will be a little more energy," he promised. "There will be more moments of triumph, because my life is the best it's ever been in my 22 years of existence. I want my music to reflect that, but I still want to be able to relate and connect with people. It's a good indication. There will obviously be some variation -- not every track is going to sound like that. I was actually going to save 'Fear' for the album, but I wanted to give people another reason to buy the [So Far Gone] EP"

Still in its early stages, Drake has hinted at some guest features he would like for the album.

"I really, really wanna do a joint with Sade," he revealed in an interview. "I really wanna get Andre 3000 on the record. And I really wanna do a song with Kings of Leon. Yeah, slowly, but surely [I'm trying to get the guest features]. We'll see."

Thank Me Later is slated to land in stores February 2010.

Check out a past Game interview below:

No comments:

Post a Comment