Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Crooked I On Dr. Dre's "Detox" Beats, "He Could Give It To Me & I'll Go 20 Times Platinum"


Slaughterhouse's Crooked I has hyped the anticipation for Dr. Dre's forthcoming Detox album by calling the beats instant platinum hits.

The former Death Row Records artist shed light on the Doc's unreleased beats.

"What Dr. Dre needs to know is, people, even the ones that you think are the least likely to be waiting on Detox, are waiting on Detox," he explained in an interview. "That album is like a myth but I've been inside the studio and I've heard some of the bangers. Right now, he could drop 10 Detox's. [laughs] You know what's so interesting to me? Dre's a perfectionist and I don't know if he's not comfortable with all of the heat that he has but the work is there. The stuff I heard is bangin'. If he didn't want to use it, he could give it to me and I'll go 20x platinum with it. [laughs]" (XXL Mag)

Game recently talked about Dre recruiting him for the upcoming album.

"I'm back in with Dre everyday going hard in the studio doing the little stuff, working on Detox with him and he's working on The R.E.D. Album with me. It's just, we got a good feeling out here...I did my last two albums without Dre and even though, I just did it on my own man. When I talked to him, he [was like] I've been doing a good job and he took a listen and I did my thing. I learned well, my time at Aftermath was spent well, so getting back in, that old feeling came back." (That's Hip Hop)

While talking about his departure from Aftermath Records, Rakim previously said he was also called upon for a slot on Detox.

"Creative differences [happened] as far as Dre makes his kind of music and I like to make my kind and you know, we ain't understand how different we was until we got in the studio and started working together. It didn't work out but hopefully in the future, we can do a little joint together...The last I spoke to him was, I had did something for him maybe it was a year ago when he just started putting together his album, I did something on one of the tracks but I don't know which songs are making his album but you know, big up to him. I haven't spoke to him since his son passed away." (Hard Knock TV)

The Doc is still anticipating a 2010 release for the long-awaited project.

"[I'm] only [working] on my album that I've been working on for the last ten years, that's it [laughs]," Dre said about what projects he is working on. "The Detox record. Hopefully I'll get it done by the end of this year and you'll hear it next year. Motivation and other things getting in the way, that's it [and has caused the delay.]" (ABC News)

A release date for Detox has not yet been announced.

Check out Rakim speaking on Dr. Dre below:

No comments:

Post a Comment