Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Thursday, November 26, 2009

NBA Star Allen Iverson Set To Retire, Rappers Share Mixed Reactions



NBA player-turned-rapper Allen Iverson has announced plans to retire which has sparked a flurry of mixed reactions from emcees including Fabolous and Q-Tip.

Reports of the baller's retirement landed online through a statement released to the public.

"I would like to announce my plans to retire from the National Basketball Association," he wrote. "I always thought that when I left the game, it would be because I couldn't help my team the way that I was accustomed to. However, that is not the case. I still have tremendous love for the game, the desire to play, and a whole lot left in my tank. I feel strongly that I can still compete at the highest level. Stepping away from the game will allow me to spend quality time with my wife and kids. This is a reward that far exceeds anything that I've ever achieved on the basketball court. I have prayed for this day and I see it as my greatest gift."

NBA star LeBron James weighed in on Iverson's speculated retirement.

"His legacy would be huge," Cleveland Cavaliers All-Star LeBron James said. "He's one of the best when you talk about guys 6-foot and under in the game of basketball. He played injured and he played hard every single night. I don't think it should end this way, but if it does, he's left a lot of great things behind."

Fabolous remembered Iverson's 1990's crossover moves against Michael Jordan.

"Watchin Sports Center, 4 the 2nd time..," Fab wrote via Twitter. "Iverson retiring, they showin his old highlights.. the Jordan crossovers are #classic. Its funny how people say 'What u doin up on twitter?'..UHH.. the same thing u doin up on twitter! or 'Y u aint Sleep'.. same reason u aint!! Free bars - Yall been talkin all night, you haters should be tired then.. its too early for this sh*t like Iverson retiring!"

Q-Tip reflected on Iverson's legacy in the NBA.

"Allen iverson may be arguably the best little man to ever play," he wrote on Twitter. "Tribe had a show in D.C. The day he was drafted. We were getting on amtrak back to NY and iverson runs down the stairs to catch the train. Iverson was catching that train back to D.C. We all stopped and congratulated him. We rapped a bit and he took off."

No further details have been released on Allen Iverson's expected retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment