Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Monday, November 23, 2009

B.G. Reacts To Lil Wayne's Jail Bid, "I Done 10 Months Standing On Top Of My Head"


Hot Boys' B.G. recently spoke on seeing his former labelmate Lil Wayne prepare for a eight to ten month jail sentence and said he felt the rapper would make it out in no time.

Despite being confident in Wayne, B.G. said he wished the jail bid would take place in their hometown, New Orleans.

"Eight months?," he questioned in an interview. "Sh*t, man, I done ten months standing on top of my head. So, it shouldn't be hard for him. I wish he was in New Orleans, where it'da be better for him. New York got a lot of love for him. But you know how n*ggas try to test n*ggas who on top of the game or whatever. Me personally, they a have to put me in [general] population. 'Cause I'll fight. They couldn't put me in no 23/1. I couldn't live like that. So, I mean, what he rap about, the true him 'bout to come out, whether he be in protective custody or whether he be in population. Every jail is different. I never been to Rikers Island. I been to jail in Atlanta. I been to jail in Texas. I been to jail in Detroit. I been to jail in New Orleans. I never been to jail in New York so -- I done seen DVD's on how they be slashing people and doing this, doing that. But, you know, I'm a man. And I could live anywhere. You could put me in the woods with the lions, tigers and bears [and] I'ma find a way to survive."

Young Money's Drake also shared his reaction to Wayne's time last month.

"He's dealing with it well," Drizzy revealed in an interview. "Wayne's not usually gonna open up emotionally and tell you how he's really feeling about anything. He's kinda more concerned about getting as much music as he possibly can, so that when he's in there, people are still satisfied musically with Lil Wayne product, and that's just the mind of a true businessman. I'll just do what I can to keep the whole Young Money/Cash Money team going, and I just want to play my part as a team member and keep the brand strong until the boss gets home...He's like superhuman. I don't think anything could really break his concentration or his zone when he's in there. I definitely didn't think this would be the outcome of it, but I hope it will add to him selling a million records again. It's an unfortunate situation and I hope that he'll be able to position it where his release is a day where everyone's excited and they're just excited about his new album. I hope he manages to market it the right way."

Cash Money Records founders Bryan "Baby" Williams and Ronald "Slim" Williams recently released a statement regarding Wayne's predicament.

"The Cash Money family will continue to support our artist and friend Lil Wayne in his current court case. We have worked with Wayne since he was a teenager, and have seen him grow into one of the world's most successful hip-hop artists, with a work ethic that is second to none. Wayne has our love and commitment during this difficult time. We always have and always will stand behind him. -Ronald "Slim" Williams and Bryan "Baby" Williams, Cash Money Records, Oct. 23, 2009"

In light of artists like Wayne and Lil Boosie doing jail time, SOHH spoke with Lil Scrappy to get his take on Southern artists being behind bars.

"I don't know how to react cuz, 'cause it's like d*mn, if anybody noticed, this is the most rappers that done got locked up," Scrappy explained. "I'ma tell you what it is though, it's from certain n*ggas feeling like 'I'm a rapper, I can do whatever the f*ck I wanna do,' and not saying I'm a boss and do whatever I wanna do. If you a boss and you doing whatever you wanna do, you still gonna do it where you gonna be good, you not gonna just be 'Oh, I f*cked up cuz, now I got eight years.' Nah, not like that, they gonna be like 'Eh, I did whatever I had to do, I'm good.' N*ggas be going out their character, cuz. They doin' sh*t they wouldn't even do and they get f*cked up."

Check out Lil Scrappy speaking on Lil Wayne & Lil Boosie below:

No comments:

Post a Comment