Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Monday, November 23, 2009

Freeway On Cash Money Records Deal, "We're Gonna Make A Strong Impact"


Freeway has touched on his possible record deal with Cash Money Records and described what it would mean to be one of the only Philadelphia artists to rep the label.

Free also explained his desire to better hip-hop no matter which label he belongs to.

"Yeah, we're working on a situation with [Cash Money Records] right now," Free promised in an interview. "I feel as though no matter where I'm at, I'm gonna do my thing regardless. I'm gonna make the type of music that I make, which might be a little different from what they make, but it's still along the same lines. And I'm bringing some hot emcees to the table too with me, so I feel like we're gonna have a strong movement no matter where we at. I feel like we're gonna make a strong impact on the hip-hop game."

Free recently said his Cash Money Records deal was not yet completed.

"[My Cash Money Records deal] is not official yet, but we're working it out, probably at the top of the year after we drop The Stimulus Package...We all family. [Beanie Sigel] is on the album, Young Chris, Omilio Sparks. It's still all love. In the future, we'll definitely do another State Property album. We just got to find a nice situation for it and we'll make it happen."

The rapper also claimed his move to Cash Money was a decision Jay-Z approved of.

"I been f*cking with Cash Money," he said in an interview last June. "You know, me and [Lil] Wayne did a joint for the last album, but we couldn't get the sh*t cleared in time and all that. We just throwing around some ideas. And I'm launching a label, Free Money, so what better home for it...My man Ceelo, he worked with Baby, so he really basically connected us like that. But, right now everything is still in preliminary...It's still Roc-A-Fella for life. That's something that's not going to leave me...Everything still preliminary. Jay give me his blessing with whatever I want to do. Jay want to see n*ggas making moves."

Last summer, reports of Free signing to Cash Money had taken over the Internet.

Trust me people. Freeway did get a raw deal. But he's about to show 'em all! Ya heard it here first! Freeway is getting a label deal from Baby of Cash Money Records and the deal is major. Not only does this include a new album from the Philly Fanatic, but it also includes a new label called Free Money Records! So, if you are a fan of Freeway, you can truly thank ya boy Baby for this one.

Check out a recent Freeway interview below:

No comments:

Post a Comment