Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kanye West Freestyles At FaceBook Headquarters + Officially Joins Twitter + Drops ‘Good Ass Job’ Title


Footage of Grammy-winning rapper Kanye West freestyling records from his upcoming Good A** Job album has landed online.

In the footage, Ye is seen at social networking website FaceBook's California headquarters.

Remember when Kanye first debuted he repeatedly said how much he wants to get respected as a rapper? Well, by now anybody with ears for rapping can attest to Mr. West's lyricism. Thanks to continuous reports and co-signs from hip-hop heavyweights who heard tracks off Good A** Job, the anticipation for the album continues to rise. Adding fuel to the fire, this clip of Yeezy humbly spitting several verses off his upcoming LP at Facebook HQ just adds a smile to our faces. "I am the day Ice Cube meets Mike Jackson. Keep them away, huh? Something might happen." Yea, son hear it for yourself.

Song titles from Ye's performance have also been revealed.

Kanye West has been showing up in all sorts of random places including LeBron James' NBA announcement, alongside King Tut's great-grandmother, and now the Facebook headquarters. Mr. West, in a designer suit, stopped by the social networking website's Palo Alto, Calif., offices on Tuesday (July 27) to perform four songs from his fifth album, including "Mama's Boyfriend," "Lost in the World," "Chain Heavy," and "Sweat on My Face."

Rick Ross recently opened up about observing West in the studio working on the forthcoming album.

"I was just like, Wow. I listened to [Kanye's] beats, and we working on what I'm doing, but then he's in another room cooking up something ... and just the intensity that you have to have to create albums that are gonna stand the test of time for years. He's such a great producer himself, and to have a Pete Rock over your shoulder just working on a particular sound and DJ Toomp, No ID, and Nicki Minaj, I see what's going on. It's The Chronic all over. That's exactly what I said when I walked into the room: This is The Chronic, this is how it had to be."

Earlier this summer, Young Money's Drake said West's new album would be memorable.

"I'm very much looking forward to the Kanye West album because I need to be scared and inspired for my second joint," Drake told radio personality Funkmaster Flex. "That ['Power'] record just had to happen. Kanye's a genius and I'm super excited for the rest of the album because I've heard some things that people haven't heard."

Kanye West's Good A** Job is scheduled to drop Tuesday, September 14th.

Check out Kanye West performing new songs down below:



Kanye West has finally been bitten by the Twitter bug. Fresh off his visit to Facebook’s offices, the rapper has signed up for the competing social networking service.

Mr. West surprised many when he joined the Twitterati on Wednesday (July 28). Instead of using a nickname like his rap peers @LilTunechi or @RickyRozay, he opted for a handle everyone knows and recognizes, @KanyeWest. His account has been verified and he currently follows no one.

“Up early in the morning taking meetings in Silicone Valley,” Yeezy wrote in one of his first tweets, later correcting himself. “Lol I spelled Silicon wrong ( I guess I was still thinking about the other type silicone ITS A PROCESS!! : )”

Kanye hasn’t always taken a liking to Twitter. In May 2009, he blasted the micro-blogging service for giving its users too much information. “WHY WOULD I USE TWITTER???” he asked in one of his all-caps blog entries. “I ONLY BLOG 5 PERCENT OF WHAT I’M UP TO IN THE FIRST PLACE. I’M ACTUALLY SLOW DELIVERING CONTENT BECAUSE I’M TOO BUSY ACTUALLY BUSY BEING CREATIVE MOST OF THE TIME AND IF I’M NOT AND I’M JUST LAYING ON A BEACH I WOULDN’T TELL THE WORLD. EVERYTHING THAT TWITTER OFFERS I NEED LESS OF.”

But maybe now he sees the benefit of using Twitter as a promotional vehicle for his new album, due September 14. Either way, Twitter just got more interesting.

Kanye West no longer wants a Good Ass Job. After much speculation, the hip-hop star has revealed that he is cooking up a new album title.

West took to his new Twitter page to answer the question his fans have been asking, what will he name his fifth album? “The album is no longer called Good Ass Job I’m bouncing a couple of titles around now,” he wrote.

He earlier announced that he would continue the college theme of his previous albums The College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation. Good Ass Job was to be the last installment in the series.

Kanye West’s fifth album is scheduled for a September 14 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment