Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Thursday, May 27, 2010

T.I. Had "No Choice" In Dropping Alfamega, "I Can't Afford To Be Associated With That" [Video] + T.I. Aiding Lil Wayne Through Jail Bid


Grammy-winning rapper T.I. recently defended his decision to break ties with former Grand Hustle associate Alfamega after learning about his past connection as an alleged government informant last year.

From Tip's perspective, he ended his relationship with Alfa to help protect his brand.

"I can't afford to really be associated with that," Tip said in an interview with DJ Envy. "That ain't in 'my' best interest. Either way it go, it's kinda like they only thought about themselves. Never mind how it affects you, never mind how it could fall back on you. 'It's all about me.' So if that's the take on it, I have no choice but to separate myself just due to what's best for me and mine."

Last month, Alfa said T.I. was not fully responsible for ending their relationship.

"Nah, it wasn't [T.I.]. Man, listen man, it wasn't Tip like I was told, man," Alfa argued claiming Tip was not the one who wanted him gone. "And I got like - I got tapes, homie. I was told that it was somebody bigger than Tip that told Tip to do it [and kick me out of Grand Hustle]. And instead of making a real n*gga move, he made a industry move. It made a lot of n*ggas around him fall-out with him too when he did what he did. I talk to a couple of dudes over there. This situation [can] always be resolved. I'm a grown man. He's supposed to be a grown man too. [So] the situation [can] always be resolved. The United States work out their differences with different countries. [But] they gotta do it before it goes to war. So it can be resolved. I don't want nothing but a apology. Give me a apology [and] I'm through, I'm gone. I'll let it be, if you give me a apology. If I don't get no apology [though], that means I'm coming at ya."

Tip announced Alfa's Grand Hustle departure last May.

"Even though all of our artists and employees are asked by us to be honest and open about their past history at no time did Alfa disclose to me or Grand Hustle what has now appeared in the media. He essentially deceived us by failing to fully disclose the truth about his past and there is no place in our organization for dishonest and misleading behavior. As I've always said, you must take responsibility for your own actions, we at Grand Hustle do not support or condone blaming others for our own mistakes. I hope and pray to god bless his financial plans but I do not foresee me or my company playing the role of his personal or professional business."

Mega later made a video explaining how he lied, not snitched, on a former drug dealer.

"I ain't never snitched on nobody," Alfa promised. "A lot of people read, but they don't understand. They hear but they don't listen...Dude never had a heroin case, he had a cocaine case. So I know whoever sent that document out, somebody typed it up from something and put something together but I'm gonna give y'all the real deal of how it was. I didn't know Ali, don't know Ali to this day...Somebody put the pressure on me and it wasn't the government or nobody like that. They wanted me to basically lie on this dude, it was up to me to either play the hand I was dealt or fold. If I play the hand I was dealt, I'm looking at 30 to 40 [years in prison]. If I fold, that means I'm still in the game. So I went ahead and folded. From the time I did it, I was remorseful about it. It hurt me because I ain't snitched on dude, I lied on this dude....I was loyal to somebody that made me lie on somebody."

Check out T.I. speaking on Alfamega below:



Formerly incarcerated rapper T.I. revealed that he is trying to help Lil Wayne through his one-year jail bid.

T.I. said he could relate to Wayne's situation, being away from family for an extended amount of time.

"Yeah, I speak to him. Sure," Tip in an interview. "Well, his daughter and my daughter, they're real, real close. My daughter spends the night with them, his daughter comes to spend the night with us. I told him, 'Whatever I can do. Whatever it is that's within my power' ... I know how it is with kids, especially with a period of time like that. Even though it may seem like a short time -- to the media, it may seem like 'He got off easy'; to everybody, it may seem like 'It's only a couple of months' -- to a child, that's an eternity. So I'm like, 'Whatever I can do, it's all good.' I just let him know there's people out here who's still reppin' for him, people who will go above and beyond to do whatever needs to be done."

The rapper recently paid homage to Wayne at a Los Angeles party.

T.I.'s welcome-home party was nothing short of epic - the infamous rapper was feted by the likes of Jamie Foxx, Usher and Diddy at L.A. hot spot Guys and Dolls on Sunday night, and the evening turned into a toast to the singer's future. Not just for T.I.: The rapper took some of the spotlight off himself when he asked the room to acknowledge another wayward star. "There are still people in the hip-hop community that need our support," he said. "So I ask everybody to please raise your glasses for Lil Wayne."

Drake vouched for Wayne's innocence in an interview earlier this month.

"One of my biggest influences ended up being a close friend of mine, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne who is actually responsible for my career has always been a huge influence to me and one of my heroes," Drake said in an interview. "I've talked to Wayne since he's been in jail. In my opinion, he didn't do anything wrong. I think that was the opportunity to make an example of somebody who didn't deserve to be made an example out of."

Wayne was sentenced to a year behind bars last March.

Lil Wayne has been sentenced to a year in jail after pleading guilty in a New York City gun case. The Grammy Award-winning rapper was taken away in handcuffs to start serving his term immediately after his sentencing. He'll serve his sentence in city jails, not a state prison. He could be released in about eight months with good behavior.

Check out recent Lil Wayne footage down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment