Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Soulja Boy Won't Repeat Chris Brown's Twitter Removal, "I Work Hard For Them Followers" [Video]


Soulja Boy Tell Em has opened up about his reaction to Chris Brown deleting his Twitter page earlier this month and said he would not follow suit.

Soulja Boy said he could not see himself deleting his page after reaching nearly 2 million followers.

"I was thinking about that last night man," Soulja Boy told radio personality Tim Westwood. "I just think, I don't know man, you see Miley Cyrus deleted hers and then when he did it I was just thinking like 'Who's gonna be next to delete their Twitter?' I don't never say never because you never know, one day I might just wake-up and be like I don't wanna be on Twitter no more but right now, nah, I don't think I'd ever delete my Twitter. I work hard for them followers, the 1.9 milli's baby. They gonna be disappointed in me man."

While remaining brief, Soulja Boy also shared his initial shock in seeing Brown's page disappear last week.

"@vegasodmg i know man, im talkin 100millions omg," he wrote on Twitter last night. "1st Miley then Chris.. who's next? @jack amazing. PrettyBoyGMoney wtf??? This *igga Soulja Boy Got More Followers Than Tom Got Friends On Myspace #d*mnshame."

According to reports, Brown deleted the page last Monday (December 14) evening.

Chris Brown is the latest artist to abandon the service completely, following the precedent set by Miley Cyrus and Lil Wayne. Brown's exit came after a week's worth of Twitter-based ranting about stores not stocking his new album Graffiti. Only a few hours after that revelation, Brown issued his finally tweet: "I wanna thank my fans for all the support," he wrote. "Goodbye!" The old address for his Twitter page now leads to the dreaded "Sorry, that page does not exist!" screen.

Kid Cudi previously explained why he deleted his popular Twitter page.

"I have an iPhone and I don't even utilize all of the applications on it," Cudi explained. "Just alone on an iPhone you can have multiple e-mails -- I have two e-mails -- text messaging, some people have AIM on there, MySpace, Facebook -- and I don't even have those things...With Twitter, my two e-mails, text messaging, and my phone ringing, that's just overwhelming. And you gotta think of it like this, what did they do before there were cell phones? Use a pay phone or write a letter. Or you catch 'em at the crib....I think I want to take it back to that. Sometimes it just shouldn't be that easy for you to get in contact with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment