Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Drake Sheds Light On "Thank Me Later" Intro, "The Album Opens Up W/ A Song Called 'Fireworks'"


Young Money's Drake divulged new details about his upcoming Thank Me Later debut and said the solo project would open with a song called "Fireworks."

According to the Canadian-based emcee, fans questions will all be answered on the album's introduction.

"The album opens up with a song I'm really proud of called 'Fireworks,'" Drake explained in an interview. "I get asked so many questions. Due to press people around, I have to deflect them. It's like when you put in the CD, all your questions are answered right away. It's a great, triumphant record right away. That opens up the scheme, and from there, hopefully, it's a colorful journey for everybody."

The rapper recently explained his difficulty deciding what songs should be selected as singles.

"I have trouble doing that. I'd say I have about six songs done and to pick from just six is hard for me 'cause I don't know what else is going to come. With So Far Gone, before 'Best I Ever Had' became the single, the entire project was done and it just happened to be the most commercially viable, catchiest song. I like picking my singles like that. Now obviously my management hates that because that doesn't give them much time to work it. But I'm a big believer that everything should happen organically and if it doesn't then something's not right, and I don't really want to change my formula. Before I start working a single, I need to get about 10, 15, 20 songs done so I can pick from a batch of music as opposed to just committing to something right now."

Drake's Young Money boss Lil Wayne recently said the album was a go.

"He's one of those guys who needs no help, [laughs] I don't do anything but say, 'Let me hear that song,'" Wayne explained about Drake. "And I'm blown away with every word. I'm honored to have him. Knowing Drake, I want to say he's probably finished with the project. But he's one of those guys who keeps going back to put more icing on the cake."

Cash Money Records' Birdman compared Drake and Wayne's popularity in an interview this week.

"Drake is already a superstar," Baby explained in an interview. "That's 20 years from now. Hopefully, he'll be bigger. That's what we're striving for. We ain't tripping. We're working hard for him to be bigger than anyone else. We want the best for him. Now, I don't see any top labels. I look around and see all those people who did it before me. To me, the labels, I don't see no company with constant success with a clique. At some point, there was a lot of people doing this. It used to be crowded. I see a lot of people who have done it, and now don't see them."
Thank Me Later is slated to land in stores spring 2010.

Check out Drake & Lil Wayne performing "Every Girl" live below:

No comments:

Post a Comment