Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lil Wayne Clears Air, No Charges In Marijuana Bust




After making headlines last night for being detained by Texas Border Patrol officials on drug suspicion, Lil Wayne's lawyer said the rapper would not face any charges.

According to reports, Wayne will continue on with his road tour.

Looks Lil' Wayne will walk away from yesterday's drug bust in Texas unscathed, at least according to his lawyer. Lil' Wayne, along with 11 other people, was detained yesterday in Falfurrias, Tex. by the United States Border Patrol after marijuana was discovered on board his tour bus. The Border Patrol says Wayne and the others were questioned and charges are pending. His lawyer tells TMZ that while some people did receive citations, Lil' Wayne was not one of them. (TMZ)

Reports claimed the bust was drug-related.

Lil' Wayne, real name Dwayne Michael Carter, is being detained by Border Patrol agents in Falfurrias due to marijuana. He is one of twelve people being investigated after marijuana was found on two of his tour buses. The Laredo Entertainment Center is saying tonight's concert is "postponed until further notice." (Pro 8 News)

In a Grammy television special earlier this year, Wayne stood by his marijuana usage.

"In New Orleans, reality is handed to you very very early...[Music], for me, was a way of always showing somebody my intelligence...I work very very hard, Ms. Katie. We don't approach things like we're good, we just approach it like we're gonna work and we're gonna work hard and hard works pays off. If you work that hard, then you're gonna get good and good turns to great and hopefully I'm the definition of that...I will stand up for marijuana any day...I have migraines, right, I have migraines that just make me want to kill myself...I do what I want, and I love to smoke." (All Access Grammy Special)

Rapper Nas was arrested earlier this year on a marijuana usage charge.

When rapper Nas was arrested for DUI this past fall, he was driving under the influence of marijuana. The star, 36 was taken in by Henry County cops near his Georgia home on Sept. 10, and according to a police report, he admitted that he was smoking weed at a friend's house before the arrest.

1 comment: