Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Showing posts with label Juelz Santana. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Juelz Santana. Show all posts

Monday, October 11, 2010

Juelz Santana Blames Politics As Usual For Unreleased Lil Wayne Joint LP [Video]


Dipset's Julez Santana has provided an update on the long-awaited Lil Wayne collaborative album, I Can't Feel My Face, stating that politics have stalled its release.

While refraining from divulging specifics, Santana pointed the finger at the music industry for the would-be LP's failure to launch.

"The industry is a very political business," Santana told DJ Vlad. "You know, when you're dealing with politics, a lot goes on. If you look, T-Pain and Lil Wayne's album didn't come out. T-Wayne. So, it was nothing between me and Wayne. Wayne is my brother, shout-out to Weezy, Free Weezy all day. I'm actually supposed to see him this weekend coming up -- I gotta go see him. I wouldn't even feel like it's right if I didn't go see him. I'm too close to him not to go see him and that's my homie."

Last year, Santana said the two had previously recorded over 20 unreleased tracks together.

"Me and Wayne still have about 20 records that's recorded that's unreleased," Santana promised in an interview. "You dig what I'm saying? The record that we just did the video for was a new record that I just did but we have about 20 records recorded because we recorded about 40 records about two years ago, we were on the Chris Brown tour together. We recorded about 40 records and a couple of 'em got leaked so, make a long story short, hopefully. There's a lot of politics when it comes to that situation, so if we can make it happen, but you know, me and Wayne's relationship is still what it's supposed to be. So that's all I'm worried about, this is a business at the end of the day."

Santana discussed the project's delay in summer 2009 and described their aim to drop it via a major record label.

"The sh*t with me and Weezy, bottom line is we still got records done, a bunch of records," Santana explained in an interview. "We did a lot of records, a lot of politics and bullsh*t promotin' the album, promotin' the album. His album came out and he wound up going through the roof with everything so it's still a lot of politics. Couple records got leaked a few weeks ago, that just goes to show people we been had records already, those were like a year and a half old. We got about 25 records just sitting in the computer. Hopefully, we can put the album out the right way through a major label but if not, f*ck it, we gonna give the streets what they want. The music is done. So they gonna get it one way or another because it's not like we gotta go in the studio and record."

Santana previously said the album's delay was due to his past contractual issues with Cam'ron.

"I'm with whatever man," he said regarding a reunion with the Dipset leader. "I'm good. I can do me now so it ain't like if we was to do an album together, I can handle my business the way I wanna handle my business so I'm cool with anything. Ya dig? He ain't physically harm me, he ain't do nothing to me in that sense. Now I'm out, I'm free, I ain't got time to dwell on that bullsh*t...The album [with Wayne] is done. We got over like 45 records done, we was just waiting, like I said, even with the situation that I was in, that was kinda like affecting that from going down too. There's gonna be a lot of things happening and that's definitely one of 'em."

Check out Juelz Santana's interview below:

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Juelz Santana's "Born To Lose, Built To Win" Dropping This Year, Says Sha Money XL


As the anticipation for Juelz Santana's Born To Lose, Built To Win continues to build, SOHH reached out to Def Jam VP of A&R Sha Money XL to find out when fans could get their hands on the new album.

In addition to making sure the album hits store shelves, Sha said he will also be contributing on the production side.

"He's touring and getting money," Sha told SOHH. "He's getting his money so he's comfortable, he's just creating the right music because he's that next n*gga man. So he's coming with it. It's coming this year, we gonna drop this mixtape, The Reagan Era, he's shooting some crazy videos -- they on it right now, heavy, and I support them because he's that next n*gga. I've contributed from records all the way down, man. He gets everything man, from the music to the marketing to the big picture, man. We gotta create stars, I don't just leave them at the A&R Depot saying, 'I'm done.' I take it all the way there. It starts with the music and you know that's what I do. That's just one of the things that I'm great at, is the music."

Last March, Juelz talked about putting together his Reagan Era underground project.

"We got another record for the mixtape," Juelz explained of how he and Banks plan to follow up their current smash. "That record's actually got me, Fabolous, Jadakiss and [Lloyd] Banks on it. ... We took the Estelle sample from 'American Boy' that goes 'Take me to New York' and kept repeating that. I sent it to everybody that I felt [could kill it], which was me, Fab, Banks and Jada. But me and Banks gonna have to do another one together with just me and him. That record is crazy. That Reagan Era is gonna be a problem -- that's why I been taking my time strategically building up. I think now is a better time. Every day I'm drawing more attention to myself."

Santana previously spoke with SOHH about his Born To Lose, Built To Win album release.

"Born To Lose, Built To Win, that's the name of my new album and I'm used to getting nothing and turning it into something," Santana explained. "It ain't no Def Jam delay, it ain't no delay, I'm just waiting day-to-day, watching the game and paying attention. I ain't wanna rush an album, I wanna keep it relevant, keep all the pieces right there. I'm just strategically doing things and I don't want to just 'drop' an album. In this day and age, it feels like you gotta give people more so I want them to want for Juelz Santana to over succeed and oversee everything else, I really need to be there."

Juelz also talked about the importance of rappers stepping up their marketing skills last year.

"I've just been paying attention to the game, watching the changes, watching the things that are going on," Santana explained in an interview. "The Internet, I think is a beautiful thing. But like I tell people, life is a negative and a positive in itself and everything has a negative and a positive so just as much as we get to use it for free promotion -- sometimes it comes out negative, ya dig, but you got to take everything as it comes."

Check out a past Juelz Santana SOHH interview below:

Friday, May 14, 2010

Juelz Santana On Dipset Reunion, "If The Fans Want An Album, We Can Do That"


Dipset's Juelz Santana has shared his reaction to the recent reunion of Jim Jones and Cam'ron.

Juelz said he initially learned about the reunion from the Internet.

"Cam and Jim have definitely spoke, me and Jim have talked about putting everything together and putting the past behind us," Juelz told radio personality Angie Martinez. "At the end of the day, I'm willing to be a big person and put whatever I got to put to the side and if the fans want an album, we can do that...I was like a fan finding out, because it was like, 'Oh word, that's what's going on?' I hadn't talked to Jim when it first happened -- I kinda heard it through the Internet and then it was the same type of way, then I spoke with Jim...I'm happy that they were able to do that."

Roc-A-Fella co-founder Damon "Dame" Dash also explained his feelings on the reunion.

"I'm more happy than anything that they're friends -- that they were able to salvage their friendship, if that's the case," Dame said in an interview. "I think they're better than me for that: being smart enough and humble enough to apologize to each other and move forward. I really do hope that where I failed to be the right example, that they can be that. You always want the people ahead of you to do better than you anyway. For that, I gotta give them props for being men above anything."

Cash Money Records' Baby was happy to learn of the reunion.

"You know, Dipset came up the same time as us. Cam, Jimmy, that's my family," Baby says about Jim Jones and Cam'ron's recent reunion. "For them to be together, that's what it do, that's what's up. We making music and unity [and] that's what I'm about."

Last fall, Juelz spoke with SOHH about Cam's Dipset West expansion.

"I always respected Cam's decisions," Juelz explained. "As far as Dipset, Cam is the boss. He do what he want, but you know, just as much as I can say that, n*gga has to give me my credit too as much as, as far as I've built that whole building though. You architected it but I built the whole building. I put at least 85 percent together, the bricks were geared to Dipset, like I said, Cam was always Cam before anything, ya dig? So when it came to Dipset, I was an artist that put everything on the back and really went forward. But as far as Dipset expanding, Dipset is in my blood. So, it is what it is, I don't know. How I feel about Dipset is how I always feel, with Cam, if that's what he wants to do, expand it, then it is what it is. I don't know them dudes over there to not like them -- I don't know them to say nothing about them. I respect all hustlers, anybody trying to get on in any type of way. So, in that case, it's love. Just rep the name right."

Check out Juelz Santana speaking with SOHH down below:

Monday, May 3, 2010

Drake, Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, Juelz Santana & More To Invade Hot 97's Summer Jam Concert


Drake, Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, Juelz Santana and more will perform at New York radio station Hot 97's annual Summer Jam concert next month.

The round-up of artists was revealed Monday (May 3) afternoon.

It's that time of the year again, folks. This afternoon, Hot 97 announced the line up for their annual Summer Jam concert. The event takes place June 6th at the newly built Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey. Not sure as to the headlining act is, but Gucci Mane will be in attendance. Artists include: Drake, Trey Songz, Ludacris, Juelz Santana, Nicki Minaj, Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek, DJ Khaled & Friends and Usher.

Last year's event also featured Drake and Southern artists like Young Jeezy and T-Pain.

"Young Jeezy...Jeezy brings out Drake. Crowd flips...'Best I Ever Had' Now 'Put On' Jay-Z on stage. Jigga. Hova. Crowd. Flipping. 'Death of Autotune' This is the death of autotune, moment of silence. T-Pain...Maino, 'All the Above.' Lil Kim."

Jay-Z also came out to surprise fans with his "Death of Auto-Tune" live debut.

"This is crazy, 'cause I didn't know where T-Pain came from," Jay revealed. "I look and I see somebody to my right and I swear I thought it was a fan and he was coming to hug me. I'm not even lying, not trying to be funny or take shots. I thought this person 'cause I didn't see who it was 'cause he was coming to hug me and I thought all right, that's some cool rock star stuff and then I seen people move again and I look back again and think 'Is that...' I guess he wanted to get close like 'Not me.' But it's really not him. It was a little awkward and it was cool. I don't mind sharing a little bit...He didn't mean any harm, he was just embracing the record...I'm not saying autotune is wack...I'm not saying that, I just put a soundtrack to it, I put a voice to it. If people wasn't feeling this way then the record wouldn't work the way it would...The culture is bigger than the politics."

His song caught the attention of performer Jim Jones who addressed Jay via Twitter following the event.

"Above all Summer Jam was dope," Jones wrote via Twitter. "And I got to see Jay-Z who refused to get out of his van when he saw my pretty face. We was mobbin', he's still a sucka...A old sucka. lol. We back and if he killed autotune then we must be Easter the resurrection. lol Shouts to Soulja Boy Tell Em, he ripped...I saw Jay-Z and Tata they didn't say nothin but sit they a** down when they saw the Spartan 300's lol...I'm glad to see I got everyone on Twitter's attention. I love Twitter, it's trouble maker, good morning everyone."
Check out Jay-Z's Summer Jam 2009 performance down below:

Monday, April 19, 2010

Chris Brown, Juelz Santana, T-Pain & More Headline Haiti Benefit Concert


R&B singer Chris Brown has put together a Haiti benefit concert next month that will feature performances by Juelz Santana, T-Pain, Keri Hilson and more.

The event will take place in his hometown Richmond, Virginia.

Chris Brown will headline and host the benefit concert, "Virginia Stand Up! A Call to Action," in Richmond, Virginia, on May 15, 2010. Brown will close the show, performing tracks from his latest album "Graffiti," as well as hits from his previous two albums. He will be joined by Keri Hilson, Trey Songz, T-Pain, Ryan Leslie, Mario and Juelz Santana. The event, a LiveNation and Haymon production, will be held at the Siegel Center, located at the Virginia Commonwealth University. All proceeds from the concert will benefit the American Red Cross, Greater Richmond Chapter, to support their relief efforts in Haiti, and The Central Virginia Food Bank.
Brown has also released a statement regarding the concert.

"I wanted to find a way to contribute personally to the ongoing Haitian relief effort and also support an organization that helps people in need in my home state," says Brown. "The images I see on television, both in my community and in Haiti, remind me that everyone has to do their part."
Last February, artists like Lil Wayne, Diddy, Wyclef Jean and more came together for a benefit concert.

Lil Wayne, Wyclef Jean, Mary J. Blige and Sean 'Diddy' Combs have announced plans for another Haiti concert. They will join a host of hip-hop acts including Pharrell Williams, Chris Brown and Queen Latifah at the Black Entertainment TV (BET) two hour event 'SOS Saving OurSelves - Help for Haiti', which will be broadcast live from Miami on February 5. The event will air on US TV channels MTV, VH1, BET and Centric at 8pm EST. Meanwhile, Wyclef Jean has hinted that his former band Fugees may reform and record a charity single to raise money for the victims of the earthquake.

The earthquake took place last January.

The major earthquake that struck Haiti on Tuesday may lead to hundreds of millions of dollars of insured losses, risk assessor Eqecat said, an amount that could have been higher had underwriters loosened their standards. Eqecat indicated that insured buildings often must meet a higher standard and therefore may sustain less damage. However, the company said Haiti's magnitude 7.0 earthquake, whose epicenter was just 10 miles (16 km) from the capital of Port-au-Prince, "is very severe, and even well-designed buildings could expect damage from this event."
No further details have been revealed as of now.

Song Of Da Day

Lil Wayne ft. Fabolous & Juelz Santana - You Ain't Got Nothin'



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Song Of Da Day

Cam'ron, Jim Jones, Juelz Santana - Crunk Muzik


Sunday, April 4, 2010

Juelz Santana Blames Tooth Trouble For Canceled Concert, "Had To Get A Root Canal"


Skull Gang leader Juelz Santana has explained this weekend's canceled Michigan concert and blamed his no-show on tooth complications.

Writing via Twitter, Juelz promised a rescheduled date would be made for fans.

"A! Grand Rapids. I'm not gonna make it 2nite," he wrote Saturday (April 3) evening. "Had 2 get a root canal. SMH. Respect 2 promoter RIO. Makeup date is coming. Keep da peace."
Reports of the rapper's cancelation began to make headlines yesterday evening.

After getting late word that New York rapper Juelz Santana would be unable to attend tonight's scheduled 9 p.m. concert at Club 131 inside the DeltaPlex Arena and Conference Center, 2500 Turner Ave. NW, promoters have canceled the show. Rich Baylie, of the DeltaPlex, said the promoter, Venom Entertainment, contacted the concert venue about 6:30 p.m. to say Santana, who apparently was hospitalized in New York, would not be traveling to Grand Rapids and performing at tonight's show.

Further speculation grew claiming Juelz was hospitalized.

"The promoter said the artist is in the hospital but that's not verified. They offered a postponement date and I'm not available for that date," said DeltaPlex's Rich Baylie, noting word spread fast about the cancellation. Fans who arrived for the show were being given a flyer saying they should hold onto tickets that were purchased until a decision about rescheduling the date has been made.

Aside from concerts, Juelz is currently putting together new music.

"We got another record for the mixtape," Juelz explained of how he and Lloyd Banks plan to follow up their current "Beamer" smash. "That record's actually got me, Fabolous, Jadakiss and Banks on it. ... We took the Estelle sample from 'American Boy' that goes 'Take me to New York' and kept repeating that. I sent it to everybody that I felt [could kill it], which was me, Fab, Banks and Jada. But me and Banks gonna have to do another one together with just me and him. That record is crazy."

Check out a past Juelz Santana SOHH interview below: