Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Friday, May 14, 2010

Juelz Santana On Dipset Reunion, "If The Fans Want An Album, We Can Do That"


Dipset's Juelz Santana has shared his reaction to the recent reunion of Jim Jones and Cam'ron.

Juelz said he initially learned about the reunion from the Internet.

"Cam and Jim have definitely spoke, me and Jim have talked about putting everything together and putting the past behind us," Juelz told radio personality Angie Martinez. "At the end of the day, I'm willing to be a big person and put whatever I got to put to the side and if the fans want an album, we can do that...I was like a fan finding out, because it was like, 'Oh word, that's what's going on?' I hadn't talked to Jim when it first happened -- I kinda heard it through the Internet and then it was the same type of way, then I spoke with Jim...I'm happy that they were able to do that."

Roc-A-Fella co-founder Damon "Dame" Dash also explained his feelings on the reunion.

"I'm more happy than anything that they're friends -- that they were able to salvage their friendship, if that's the case," Dame said in an interview. "I think they're better than me for that: being smart enough and humble enough to apologize to each other and move forward. I really do hope that where I failed to be the right example, that they can be that. You always want the people ahead of you to do better than you anyway. For that, I gotta give them props for being men above anything."

Cash Money Records' Baby was happy to learn of the reunion.

"You know, Dipset came up the same time as us. Cam, Jimmy, that's my family," Baby says about Jim Jones and Cam'ron's recent reunion. "For them to be together, that's what it do, that's what's up. We making music and unity [and] that's what I'm about."

Last fall, Juelz spoke with SOHH about Cam's Dipset West expansion.

"I always respected Cam's decisions," Juelz explained. "As far as Dipset, Cam is the boss. He do what he want, but you know, just as much as I can say that, n*gga has to give me my credit too as much as, as far as I've built that whole building though. You architected it but I built the whole building. I put at least 85 percent together, the bricks were geared to Dipset, like I said, Cam was always Cam before anything, ya dig? So when it came to Dipset, I was an artist that put everything on the back and really went forward. But as far as Dipset expanding, Dipset is in my blood. So, it is what it is, I don't know. How I feel about Dipset is how I always feel, with Cam, if that's what he wants to do, expand it, then it is what it is. I don't know them dudes over there to not like them -- I don't know them to say nothing about them. I respect all hustlers, anybody trying to get on in any type of way. So, in that case, it's love. Just rep the name right."

Check out Juelz Santana speaking with SOHH down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment