Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

T.I. Rescues Atlanta Man From Deadly Suicide Attempt


Rapper T.I. reportedly helped convince a man from attempting a suicide jump off an Atlanta building Wednesday afternoon.

Initial reports suggested the incident took place around late afternoon.

T.I. saves the day. Or at least the possible Midtown jumper's life. Atlanta Police tell CL the rap star visited the scene of today's incident and told officers he wanted to speak with the unidentified man who around 4 p.m. had threatened to jump from the 22-story Colony Square Building.

The man was reportedly given a personal message to speak with T.I.

Investigators sent in a hostage negotiator to help talk the man down. Atlanta police said T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris was in the area and stopped by the scene to see if he could help. Police took a message from T.I. to the man on the roof, saying the rapper was downstairs and wanted to talk to him. According to police, the would-be jumper got down from the roof and walked down to the lobby, where he talked to T.I. for a few minutes.

Confirmation on what went down has been given by Atlanta authorities.

"He came to the scene and offered to talk to him, we told the young man that, and he came down," Officer James Polite with Atlanta police told the AJC. When the man threatening to jump came down, T.I. was waiting and the two talked for a few minutes, Polite said. The man, whose name was not released, was then transported to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment, Polite said.

Despite his good deed, T.I. will appear in court later this week for a parole violation hearing.

Rapper T.I. is headed back to federal court in Atlanta next week to explain why his probation shouldn't be revoked after his recent arrest in Los Angeles. U.S. District Judge Charles Pannell Jr. has set the hearing for 2 p.m. on Oct. 15 for T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris. The same judge sentenced Harris for firearms violations.

No further details have been released as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment