Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Monday, May 3, 2010

Drake, Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, Juelz Santana & More To Invade Hot 97's Summer Jam Concert


Drake, Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, Juelz Santana and more will perform at New York radio station Hot 97's annual Summer Jam concert next month.

The round-up of artists was revealed Monday (May 3) afternoon.

It's that time of the year again, folks. This afternoon, Hot 97 announced the line up for their annual Summer Jam concert. The event takes place June 6th at the newly built Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey. Not sure as to the headlining act is, but Gucci Mane will be in attendance. Artists include: Drake, Trey Songz, Ludacris, Juelz Santana, Nicki Minaj, Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek, DJ Khaled & Friends and Usher.

Last year's event also featured Drake and Southern artists like Young Jeezy and T-Pain.

"Young Jeezy...Jeezy brings out Drake. Crowd flips...'Best I Ever Had' Now 'Put On' Jay-Z on stage. Jigga. Hova. Crowd. Flipping. 'Death of Autotune' This is the death of autotune, moment of silence. T-Pain...Maino, 'All the Above.' Lil Kim."

Jay-Z also came out to surprise fans with his "Death of Auto-Tune" live debut.

"This is crazy, 'cause I didn't know where T-Pain came from," Jay revealed. "I look and I see somebody to my right and I swear I thought it was a fan and he was coming to hug me. I'm not even lying, not trying to be funny or take shots. I thought this person 'cause I didn't see who it was 'cause he was coming to hug me and I thought all right, that's some cool rock star stuff and then I seen people move again and I look back again and think 'Is that...' I guess he wanted to get close like 'Not me.' But it's really not him. It was a little awkward and it was cool. I don't mind sharing a little bit...He didn't mean any harm, he was just embracing the record...I'm not saying autotune is wack...I'm not saying that, I just put a soundtrack to it, I put a voice to it. If people wasn't feeling this way then the record wouldn't work the way it would...The culture is bigger than the politics."

His song caught the attention of performer Jim Jones who addressed Jay via Twitter following the event.

"Above all Summer Jam was dope," Jones wrote via Twitter. "And I got to see Jay-Z who refused to get out of his van when he saw my pretty face. We was mobbin', he's still a sucka...A old sucka. lol. We back and if he killed autotune then we must be Easter the resurrection. lol Shouts to Soulja Boy Tell Em, he ripped...I saw Jay-Z and Tata they didn't say nothin but sit they a** down when they saw the Spartan 300's lol...I'm glad to see I got everyone on Twitter's attention. I love Twitter, it's trouble maker, good morning everyone."
Check out Jay-Z's Summer Jam 2009 performance down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment