Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Friday, March 19, 2010

Young Jeezy Reportedly Changes His Rap Alias


Rapper Young Jeezy has reportedly dropped "Young" from his name as evidenced on the promotional cover of his new single, "Lose My Mind."

Based on reports, the name change is official.

First Diddy dropped the P. from his name, then Bow Wow grew out of his Lil status, and now Jeezy has decided he no longer wants to be Young. Jay Jenkins' name change graces the cover art for "Lose My Mind," the street single from his forthcoming album Thug Motivation 103. The moniker first appeared on the credits for Rihanna's "Hard," but it's now official. So Jeezy it is.
West Coast rapper Game dropped "The" off his name last year.

"It's just Game now, I took the t-h-e off, you know what I'm saying," Game confirmed in an interview. "I'm just coastin' through, day-by-day, somebody got a script, I'ma read it, if it fits me, hopefully I'll get it. I'm just day-by-day right now. I'm strictly on the color red, I ain't going no further than that, it's gonna be the craziest album out of all four of 'em and it's the most hood album."
Jeezy is putting together his new album, Thug Motivation 103, for a June release.

"But June, by the way," he said of the LP's release date. "That's what I'm thinking. If you the boss, you can talk like that. I'm thinking June. I wanna own the summer. If you coming out [with an album] in June, you might wanna think about that, bruh. TM103, I will be there...I'm just going in, basically handling my business. I gotta say what's on my mind. But I'm not here to sell you on no album. Like I said, June, you will be surprised, homie. That's real talk. I been working on this. I been back in the lab...I got you."
According to Jeezy, he has also put in work with producer Swizz Beatz.

"Oh man, sooner than later," Jeezy said about the album's release date last January. "I'm finishing up now, wrapping up now. I was just in the studio 15 minutes ago. Shout-outs to the homie Swizz [Beatz]. [We're] doing some of everything. You know Swizz will keep you up all night. [We did] like two and half [songs.] Look for the album asap."
Check out a past Jeezy interview down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment