Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waka Flocka Flame Jailed For Probation Violation


Gucci Mane protégé Waka Flocka Flame was arrested in Houston on Tuesday for probation violation after Georgia authorities reportedly discovered that the rapper had traveled outside of the state.

According to the Macon Telegraph, Waka Flocka Flame was jailed and taken into custody by the Houston County Sheriff's Office.

The rapper, real name Juaquin James Malphurs, 23, is believed to be on probation for a gun-possession charge. A spokesperson for the Georgia Department of Correction could not be reached as of press time. Representatives for the rapper did not respond to an inquiry made by MTV News.

TMZ is reporting that Waka Flocka Flame will be held without bail until a scheduled court appearance "in a few weeks."

In January, the rapper suffered a gunshot wound to his arm after a being the target of a robbery attempt in Atlanta.

A few weeks later, he spoke to MTV News and admitted he nearly "gave up" after being shot.

"I'm like, 'I can't believe I'm shot,' " he said, explaining the aftermath. "I felt it in my arm but I looked down and felt it in my chest, my back, everything. It felt like stop, drop and roll. I'm leaking, my arm squirting. I said, 'Call an ambulance.' I felt my body getting woozy. I laid down on a flat surface. That messed me up because that ain't do nothing but put air inside my lungs and blood. I ain't panic. I was like, 'F--- it, I'mma give up. This sh-- hurt so bad. I'm gonna give up.' "

Waka Flocka Flame's single "O Let's Do It" currently sits at #13 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment