Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Eminem Presents Dr. Dre with ASCAP Award


Following a musical tribute from DJ Kid Capri, Eminem presented his mentor Dr. Dre with the ASCAP Founders Award at ASCAP’s 23rd Annual Rhythm & Soul Music Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on Friday night (June 25).

“He believed in me when not many others did,” Em told the industry crowd. “It would’ve been a lot easier for Dre to dismiss me like most people did. ‘What’s with the white guy from Detroit that raps with the funny voice?’ But he didn’t. He stepped up to the challenge because he saw something in me, and for that, Dre, I’m forever grateful, man. So I’m honored and proud to present this year’s ASCAP Founders Award to a guy who’s not only changed the face of music, but has also completely changed my life, Dr. Andre Young.”

After embracing and posing for a few photos together, Dre took the mic. “I am living an incredible life. Ya’ll don’t even want to know, it’s incredible,” said the hip-hop legend while reading his speech. Dre fought back tears when thanking his mother, who became pregnant with him at 15, and shouted out his wife. “I’m probably gonna get something real special tonight for this,” he joked.

No comments:

Post a Comment