Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Drake Asks Fans To Pray For His Mom, "She Faces A True Challenge" + Admits He's A Studio Singer, "I Could Never Really Take Singing On The Road"


Young Money rapper Drake has publicly reached out to his fans and asked them to help pray for his mother.

Writing on his Twitter page, Drake told fans his mother would be going through a challenge today, June 30th.

"Back at my moms house...please include her in your prayers tonight as tmrw she faces a true challenge."

""Be what you are. That's the first step toward becoming better than you are." - Mama Graham"

In his Better Than Good Enough documentary, Drake speaks on his mother's health concerns.

Drake's mother Sandi Graham is sick, and she is his biggest fan. Drake has always had a close relationship with his mother and even took her as his date to the 2010 Grammys. Drake, born Aubrey Graham, revealed in his MTV documentary, Better Than Good Enough, that his mother suffers from a mystery illness, and he's afraid to lose her to the disease. Drake said he doesn't know what he would do without his biggest supporter. "My mom is sick. So that scares me a lot. She's been the most supportive person I've ever had in my life - the only person that loves me unconditionally, really. I know a lot of people love me and I love a lot of people. But to love somebody unconditionally is different."

Earlier this year, Drake talked about his mother supporting "Best I Ever Had."

"That song is a real honest song. It connected with a lot of women -- my moms likes it. For it to be Grammy-nominated is an honor, man. It's always good when the words in your music are something that you live by and you get to hear it every day on the radio and you're not ashamed of it. It's all moments I need to cherish and observe."

As of late, Drake has been busy putting in studio time.

I've been working all night," an exhausted Drizzy told "Extra" on Tuesday. "I've just been in the studio. I was actually in the studio with Chris Brown for a little bit. Then I was studio hopping, seeing where I can lend my hand since I've done mine."

Check out some recent footage of Drake's mother down below:



Young Money rapper Drake recently considered whether he could giving up rapping for a R&B singing career.

Although he takes pride in his singing ability, Drake believes rapping is his core talent.

"I could never really take singing on the road the way I can take rapping on the road. I can't get on stage and blow people away with my range and vocals. I'm a studio singer because I can convey emotion and I have unique melodies, so that's kind of what I pride myself on, but that's where it stops. I make music more for people to listen to rather than to hold me as an R&B artist. Not to wish that I couldn't sing better. If I could sing like Trey [Songz] then yeah, I'd definitely just want to be a singer. If I could do anything, trust me, I wish I could just sit at the piano and sing."

Last January, Drake talked about his ability to write R&B and hip-hop songs.

"With R&B, I know my sound. I know I make records to f*ck to," he explained in an interview. "The way Jay and Wayne write rap, I write R&B. I don't write lyrics down on paper. The other day, I was in the studio with Alicia Keys, and I wrote two songs just speaking to her. I wish I could write that way for rap. With my rap songs, there's so much of me I have to give that I don't know if I could ever just flow. The thing is, I'm a great rapper. There's two elements to rap: having the thoughts, and then being a great rapper. I can really rap the sh*t that I write. My tone, my inflection. When I listen to myself on records, I don't feel like I don't belong there. When I listen to 'Forever,' with three of my heroes, I fit right in."

Drake previously talked about working with R&B superstar Rihanna on her Rated R album.

"Rihanna has a great album," Drake said in an interview. "She's got great records that she's using, she's got great records that she's not even using that she has for a later date. I'm excited for her. She deserves everything that she gets...We did do some great work together and hopefully it'll find it's place on some project one day. The record we have is great. It's a special record, so for it not to make it, I know something had to click. It's all good. I think the project's gonna be great no matter what."

He is also clocking in studio time with R&B singer Chris Brown.

"I've been working all night," an exhausted Drizzy told "Extra" on Tuesday. "I've just been in the studio. I was actually in the studio with Chris Brown for a little bit. Then I was studio hopping, seeing where I can lend my hand since I've done mine."

Check out some recent Drake footage below:

No comments:

Post a Comment