Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dr. Dre Asks "Detox" Fans For Patience, "I'm Trying To Give Everyone What They've Been Waiting For" [Video]


Rap mogul Dr. Dre has updated fans on the status of his forthcoming Detox album and said he is looking towards a late fall release date.

In addition to Detox, the Doc discussed his recently leaked "Under Pressure" record.

"Absolutely, I'm leaving this event and heading right to the studio," Dre said from the 23rd ASCAP Awards when asked about a Detox release. "I'm getting it cracking and trying to put it out by the end of the fall. I'm trying to give everyone what they've been waiting for and make sure they're not disappointed. This it, that's all I'm doing. [The leaked 'Under Pressure' was] absolutely not [real.] I didn't get a chance to finish the record, the vocals are real rough, it's not blended right and there's not even a hook on the song. It's not done, the music's not done, it's just one of those things we have to deal with today in this business because of technology and all of that. It's real easy for somebody to steal your sh*t so what can you do?"

Earlier this month, Dre released a statement regarding his leak.

An unfinished version of "Under Pressure," Dre's collaboration with Jay-Z, made its way online Tuesday, June 16. Dre released a short statement on his official website in response to the song's early appearance. "I want to set the record straight for everybody who's been waiting to hear my music," wrote the super-producer. "The song that's on the Internet is an incomplete song that I'm still working on. When it's ready, you'll be hearing it from me."

The record leaked online Tuesday (June 16) afternoon.

The leak, whose rough-take vibe I cannot stress enough, is not an immediate stunner. Dr. Dre takes the first verse, spitting some decently clever bars (presumably penned with help from Jay) over clubby bleeps and bloops. "Maybe I don't want to stop, maybe I don't want to quit," he muses. "Maybe I'm crazy/Maybe I'm strapped right now, just bait me." Dre raises his voice for some rousing words in Creole. Then, after a blank space where a hook might fit, it's time for Jay-Z's superior verse. Hov gets some snappy lines in, as when he informs us that life's stresses have him "bringing guns to work, Gilbert Arenas." And: "I'm in this party, I'm up to no good/And I should be ducking these clubs,Tiger Woods." Given the timing of the two sports scandals he references, I wonder if Jay-Z recorded his verse any later than January. Anyway, that's it. Two verses, no hooks, and this version of "Under Pressure," at least, is out.

The song is produced by hitmaker Scott Storch.

Famed Grammy Award-winning producer Scott Storch has come together with legendary Grammy Award winning super-producer Dr. Dre to produce the long awaited first single, "Under Pressure" off the highly anticipated album, "Detox." This project has been in the works for some time, which has created a wave of hope and anticipation.

Check out Dr. Dre's interview below:

No comments:

Post a Comment