Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Monday, March 29, 2010

Kid Cudi On A Bathing Ape, "I Love What They've Done Lately"


Rapper/Actor Kid Cudi recently shared his views on the A Bathing Ape clothing line.

Cudi, who is featured as a BAPE model for the summer 2010 catalog, explained the reasons he caters to the artistic brand.

"I was always a fan of the brand but it just wasn't something I could afford back then," he said in an interview. "I fell in love with BAPE because of their color selection and artwork. I love the style of their cartoons... I think BAPE is taking things to amazing new levels. I love the new designs and artwork. They stay true to classic BAPE style but including new and creative twists here and there. I love what they've done lately with my MILO character."

Last December, Kanye West explained his experience being the Spring 2010 cover man.

"THIS SHOOT WAS MAD FUN," he wrote Thursday (December 24). "THIS COLLECTION USES REALLY GREAT FABRICS, EASY TO WEAR CUTS AND STILL THE OCCASIONAL SUPER EXPRESSIVE DECADENT PRINTS. BAPE RAN THE LAST DECADE AND THEY'RE READY FOR THE NEXT ONE!"

Ye's shots were photographed by renowned camera man Keiichi Nitta.

Every season, BAPE releases a much sought after look book for its loyal and newly acquired fans to get a closer and more complete look at upcoming collections and items. The book is less so a catalog but more of a magazine chocked with features and stories tailored around the label's upcoming seasonal collection. This time around, BAPE enlisted the rather controversial but nonetheless popular and widely discussed artist/fashion icon, Kanye West, to model the label's Spring 2010 collection items in a photo shoot by Japanese photographer, Keiichi Nitta.

Cudi is currently working on his follow-up album to 2009's Man on the Moon.

"Cudder, I already got five tracks locked in," Cudi revealed in an interview. "We got Snoop, we got Pharrell. I just was in the studio with him. We got Jim Jonsin. I did a record with him. I'm gonna get back in the studio with him. Trying to get the right amount of hit records on this. It's gonna be the complete opposite of what Man on the Moon was. Man on the Moon was so serious. This one is gonna be more playful and fun. It's about having a good time. People reaching out to me wanting to collab is so bugged out. I remember when nobody wanted to do any song with me, let alone listen to my sh*t."

Check out a past SOHH Kid Cudi interview down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment