Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Friday, April 2, 2010

Teairra Mari Picks Nicki Minaj Over Trina & Lil Kim For Collabo, "I Love [Them] But I Thought We Should Get A Fresh Girl"


R&B singer Teairra Mari recently explained why she decided to feature Nicki Minaj on her "Automatic" single.

Mari said she had been following Minaj on Youtube.

"I got Nicki on the song because I liked her," Mari said in an interview. "I followed her YouTube videos, so I knew what she was about. When I heard 'Automatic,' I thought Nicki Minaj. [The song's producer Rico Love] didn't know who I was talking about. He was like, 'Who?' I showed him her videos on YouTube. At first he wanted to get Trina or Lil' Kim. I love Trina and I love Kim as well, but I thought we should get a fresh girl and Nicki Minaj is hot."

Minaj has also caught the attention of rappers like Lloyd Banks.

"[Laughs] Sheesh. I would go with Nicki right now," he said in an interview. "Yeah, I like her as an artist. We came up in the same era, we were around the same age so I'm pretty sure one of her influences was probably Lil Kim and nothing is really reminding of the impact Kim had, since Nicki came. To have a concert and have a hundred Nickies in the front row... not too many new artists come and have a following like that. So you definitely have to acknowledge that."

The rapper released her first album single "Massive Attack" this week.

The song "Massive Attack" was just released earlier this week and today Nicki Minaj debuted her music video. directed by Hype Williams. The video includes Kanye West's girlfriend Amber Rose driving Nicki Minaj around in a pink Ferrari in the desert. Later on, Nicki thrashes around in the jungle wearing a hot green wig. I give props to Nicki Minaj for having her own style and even more credit to the guy with the dislocating elbows! Other than that, I just don't get it.

Singer Sean Garrett is featured on the single.

"[When] I first played that motherf*cking 'Massive Attack' [for Nicki], I could tell that she was trying to be cool like 'I can't tell that motherf*cker that that sh*t is that crazy,'" Garrett recalls, mentioning that the two had playfully sized each other up upon meeting. "And her assistant was like, 'Yo Nicki, you need to go back to that f*cking record.' [I told Nicki] the only way I could give ['Massive Attack"] to her, is if I stay on my record."

Check out Nicki Minaj's "Massive Attack" music video down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment