Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Monday, April 19, 2010

Big Sean On Kanye West's Rap Mentoring, "Without Him I Wouldn't Be Sh*t"


G.O.O.D. Music's Big Sean recently talked about having Kanye West as a mentor and said the rap star is fully responsible for his career in hip-hop.

According to Sean, West and other producers are involved with his upcoming debut album.

"Working with Kanye is one of the greatest things ever," Sean said in an interview. "It's also one of the most nerve-wracking things ever. He's like the most critical, particular, artistic person ever. But man, without him, I wouldn't be sh*t. I recognize that he's one of my greatest mentors musically, and I love him for everything he's done for me. It's unbelievable, man. He shows you different methods of music. He always tries to re-invent, make new things and trends all the time, so getting the co-sign from him was one of the biggest things that could ever happen to me. People are gonna see all the growth from my mixtapes to my next mixtape and album. Kanye had a lot to do with that, as did No I.D. and Pharrell."
Sean recently shared his feelings on West's upcoming Good A** Job album.

"I feel like Kanye's albums are always groundbreaking and I'm sure he's gonna do that with his next project," he said in an interview. "It's great. It's hip-hop. I feel like Kanye always does a great job of reinventing himself and I want him to shock the world. People are going to love it."
He is also responsible for saying his mentor's new album will be released this summer.

Kanye West is ensconced in his Diamond Head, Hawaii home and recording studio, putting the final touches on his forthcoming album with guest rappers like Q-Tip, RZA and Pete Rock, numerous reports have confirmed. A source close to the project -- which is tentatively titled "Good A** Job" according to G.O.O.D. Music artist Big Sean -- says it will be released in June.
Past published reports show Sean was signed to G.O.O.D. Music nearly three years ago.

In 2005 he met West at a radio station, and after being impressed with Sean's obvious talents he signed him in 2007. So far he has released two mixtapes, 2007's Finally Famous and 2009's U Know Big Sean. His debut album, Finally Famous, is set to drop sometime around Spring 2010 and will feature guest appearances from hip-hop superstars such as Kanye West, Pharrell Williams, The-Dream, Kid Cudi and many more.

Check out Big Sean & Kanye West's "Glenwood" down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment