Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Big Boi Calls Next Solo Album "Daddy Fat Sax"


OutKast's Big Boi has already begun putting together the follow-up to his new solo album, Sir Lucious Left Foot, and is preparing to reunite for a group project with Andre 3000.

Boi said he is currently piecing various ideas and song concepts together.

"I got about four, five songs that I'm tinkering with right now," Big Boi told MTV News about Daddy Fat Sax, tentatively slated for a late-2011 release. "But at the same time, there's a couple of records that we picked out for the Outkast record too. So while Dre is working on his records, we're kinda, with Organized Noize, seeing what's gonna go for the 'Kast album. And at the same time, with the beats I already got, I'm just making the most out of my time, whether I'm on the road touring or just on the bus or whatever; just putting ideas down."

Recently, Boi vouched to keep silent on any projects outside of Sir Lucious Left Foot.

The more visible OutKast member says he's frequently asked about the long-awaited project from him and André 3000, but things could get ugly if he spills the beans. "When I do interviews and they ask where the OutKast album is, I have to tell them it's top-secret information, and that me and Andre 3000 will have to put something to your temple if I say something about it," he tells SPIN magazine. The duo made a promise not to speak about their next collaborative effort until the release is near. "We made a pact that we will not disclose any information until it's about to come out," he reveals.

After making a record label move to Def Jam, Boi recently aired out his issues with Jive.

"It's plain stupidity. It's stupid business and it's stupid politics. I mean, Jive Records had 'Shutterbug' for three years. And 'General Patton' for three years. You see what I'm saying? They told me to go in and make my version of Lil' Wayne's 'Lollipop!' I love that song. That was my favorite song when it came out. But how you gonna tell me to go bite another MCs style? How are you even going to open your mouth up to tell me to go and do that? That's the highest form of disrespect ever. So that's when I wanted to get off Jive. And the only honorable thing they've done is allow me to do that. So I've had nothing to do with them."

Boi's current solo album is reportedly en route to debut on the charts next week.

Among this week's debuts, Def Jam/IDJ's Big Boi will be the biggest, with the Outkast member's solo debut, Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, which went from Jive to L.A. Reid's label, set to sell between 50-55k.

Check out a recent Big Boi interview down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment