Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Monday, July 19, 2010

Too Short "Outraged" Over Arrest Reports, "I Never Will Take Advantage Of Any Underage Woman"


Rap veteran Todd "Too Short" Shaw has come forward to address his arrest in Idaho last week and slam reports that his situation involved underaged women.

Speaking via a statement, Short defended his image and addressed the rumors.

"The accusations against me regarding my arrest in Idaho on July 15th, were untrue and exaggerated," he said. "Normally I would ignore rumors, but because of the nature of the story that's being spread I had to say something. I don't blame these outlets for running with the story because it's about Too Short the 'dirty rapper' who has never had a scandal and it involved the words 'under age girls.' However due to my work with young people in Oakland I am extremely outraged at the way I am being portrayed. The incident that night was completely taken out of context and I have not and never will take advantage of any woman that is underage. Never that! These days people believe everything that they see on TV and these blogs...I have been dedicated to youth organizations and wish to continue to support them and I do not want my community and especially young people that look up to me to think that this is the type of thing that I would do."

Reports of his arrest hit the Internet last Thursday (July 15).

According to the Boise Police Department, Short and another man are accused of punching, kicking and pushing three security guards at a concert venue ... after the guards allegedly tried to stop Short from bringing "underage females backstage and into his dressing room." Cops say "underage" means under 21 ... not under 18.

Further details suggested he was slapped with multiple criminal charges.

Three security employees of the club said they were punched, kicked and pushed by Too Short and another man. Too Short has been charged with three counts of misdemeanor battery, while the other man was charged with two counts of misdemeanor battery.

Details on Short's accomplice have also been revealed.

Three employees at the concert venue Knitting Factory told police they were punched and kicked by Shaw and another man, 38-year-old Michael Walton, who appeared to be Shaw's associate. Police say Walton, of Modesto, Calif., faces two counts of misdemeanor battery. Ada County Jail records show Shaw and Walton were arrested early Thursday and have since been released on bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment