Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Drake Stands In Line For Lil Wayne Collabo Project, "We Agreed There Will Be A [Duet] Album"+ Lil Wayne Spits "Light Up" Freestyle From Rikers Island



Young Money's Drake has announced plans to link with his boss, Lil Wayne for a duet album, which makes him one of many artists planning full-length collaboration projects with the incarcerated rapper.

Drake said he spoke with Wayne about their collaboration project during his recent prison visit.

"I went up to Rikers, and me and Wayne agreed that there will be a Lil Wayne/ Drake album," Drake told DJ Envy on MTV's "Sucker Free." " ... There's some things I'm excited for in my life -- I'm excited to go perform certain places -- but [this project] will probably be one of the most exciting things in my life, because we make music on a different level. It's just so fun, so comfortable. A whole album? To think about all the things we can do, especially if we're gonna do 15 songs. Me and him don't like to do 12, 13 [songs]. We want to do 15, 16. Yeah, Lil Wayne and Drake album."

Last March, T-Pain explained the delay with his Wayne duet album.

"The T-Wayne album, we're actually gonna wait until he gets out," Pain said in an interview. "He has so much going on. He has Rebirth out right now. I don't wanna interrupt that. We just gonna wait until he gets out to really get in on that. We recorded a bunch of songs. But, right now, it's time for him and his personal sh--. We definitely got an album's worth of material, but it's only an album's worth. It's nothing to pick from. We just got an album. We can put out whatever we feel like and say, 'Hey, this is T-Wayne's album,' or we can actually try to make it good. Like we're actually trying to make an album and say, 'This is the good T-Wayne album.' Rather than just record 12 songs and say, 'Here you go, mutha----as! I know you want it. You gonna buy it anyway, just 'cause you think it's good.'"

Aside from Pain and Drake, Wayne also has a Juelz Santana collaboration album set to drop.

"The album is done," Juelz Santana previously told SOHH. "It's like the situation I had that stopped me from doing a lot of things before, was one of the same situations why the album ain't come out. But the album is done. It's not like we gotta go in and do a bunch of songs. We got about 35 records done so we just waiting for the politics and bullsh*t to get out the way and then we gonna put the album out."

A Hot Boys reunion album, featuring Wayne, is also set to go into production once the rapper returns from a one-year jail sentence.

"I really want to do that," Juvenile said about a reunion this month. "You know if it were left up to Juvie we would do it right now man, But you cant do no Hot Boys songs without everyone present and that's the thing you got to have everyone present to make it work. I just need the information so I can write him. I've been need to get an address so I can write him."

No further details have been released as of now.

Check out a pre-jail Lil Wayne interview below:



Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has shown his raps are not going anywhere by performing a verse off Drake's "Light Up" track from Rikers Island.

Hitting up UStream last night (June 8), Drake revealed Wayne's verse.

Even behind bars, Lil Wayne stays on his grind. Weezy drops a freestyle over Drake's Jay-Z assisted track "Light Up" from Thank Me Later. The verse was recorded during one of Wayne's phone calls from prison and premiered during Drake's Ustream session on Tuesday night. Drizzy calls it "one of the most incredible Lil Wayne verses [he's] ever heard."

With over a minute of freestyle, Wayne takes the time to reflect on his situation and desires he has.

"Hate is temporary, love is necessary...First off, I don't need you second guessing me," Wayne raps, "Come to my cell, read fan mail/Wish I was in Amsterdam drinking Amstel/Thinking about all of that p*ssy I can't smell -- I know you meant well because you know d*mn well that I still got you open, open like a clam shell/Still fly on my hawk sh*t, my conversations stink because I talk sh*t..."

Recently, Drake revealed that Wayne had a verse for his Thank Me Later track.

Drake talks about the difference between creating his So Far Gone mixtape and his Thank Me Later album (which drops on June 15th) in the video above. He also talks about the collaborations on the album, his three favorite people to work with in the studio, and more. Drizzy also said: "Lil Wayne recorded one of his greatest verses ever over the phone for my track with Jay-Z -- Light Up."

The rapper is also going to be linking with Wayne for a collaboration album in the future.

"I went up to Rikers, and me and Wayne agreed that there will be a Lil Wayne/ Drake album," Drake told DJ Envy on MTV's "Sucker Free." " ... There's some things I'm excited for in my life -- I'm excited to go perform certain places -- but [this project] will probably be one of the most exciting things in my life, because we make music on a different level. It's just so fun, so comfortable. A whole album? To think about all the things we can do, especially if we're gonna do 15 songs. Me and him don't like to do 12, 13 [songs]. We want to do 15, 16. Yeah, Lil Wayne and Drake album."

Check out Lil Wayne's "Light Up" Freestyle down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment