Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lloyd On Cutting Ties With Irv Gotti & Ja Rule, "I Just Let The Past Be The Past"


Former Murder Inc. singer Lloyd has opened up about his ex-boss Irv Gotti and former labelmate Ja Rule.

He also talked about his new life as an Interscope Records artist.

"[It's] just a new energy and new drive," Lloyd said in an interview. "Creatively it's different because it's me and Pollow [Da Don] crafting the sound. I've never had this kind of artist/producer relationship before. We're making some great music...I just let the past be the past and move forward. No bad blood and no hard feelings [against Irv or Ja], just lessons learned. I wish all those guys the best...Love isn't necessarily the theme [on my upcoming album], but it's definitely a big part of it. Lust, love, relationships, sex, it's all in there. The sound is something you just have to hear. People will be surprised."

Last September, Lloyd spoke on his issues with Irv.

"I've made a lot of changes," Lloyd said in an interview. "I'm happy than I've ever been. I'm happy to say I worked out my own release and I am very optimistic about the future. Ever since I was signed, I was dedicated to trying to make good music, something that's worth hearing. And just trying to work with this rubble that I was given and build something out of it -- being the current state of the label when I first arrived. I didn't really have too much to work with...The label itself had no distribution. I was forced to record my own music with my own money with my own friends, while I was still under contract. All I had was me and my management and my friends in Atlanta...It wasn't so much person as it was business. I've learned to separate the two and sometimes in this business there is no friendship, no bottom line. The sad thing is a lot of young guys come into the game very early without knowledge or without a guidance in their lives and they fall victim to the glitz and the glam. I always try to look past that and keep my eyes on the prize which was becoming a great artist and really making music history one way or another."

Irv previously responded to accusations made by Lloyd about his role on The Inc.

"He is still signed with Murder Inc. and I will make a decision shortly on what I am gonna do with him," Gotti wrote in a statement. "His last record didn't sell well at all. And, once again, he had his CREATIVE freedom to do whatever he wanted to do. But for some reason the people did not respond to the album or to him. But I will decide what I wanna do! As always when it comes to me, it's Murder For Life! And anyone who doesn't wanna be a part of that, I will take into consideration."

In March, Lloyd announced a new record deal with Interscope.

"Baby and [Lil] Wayne were definitely the first people to reach out to me," he revealed in an interview. "I talked to them about a deal. That's who I thought I'd end up with in my heart. The problem is that Young Money/Cash Money is exclusive to Universal Motown. As you and I know, that's where I did my last two albums. I wasn't excited about going back. I tried to do a Young Money/Cash Money deal through another distributor, but it couldn't be done. At the end of the day, I'm still family, though."

Check out Lloyd talking about The Inc. down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment