Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Monday, May 3, 2010

Game Speaks On Jay Electronica, "I Haven't Heard Anyone Spit Like Him Since Nas"


West Coast rapper Game officially co-signed Jay Electronica and likened the emcee to rap veteran Nas.

Game said he is including Jay on his upcoming R.E.D. Album.

"He just randomly popped up in L.A. and we went into the studio," Game said about meeting Jay. "Originally, I had studio time, but then I had to record for Dr. Dre, so Puffy and Swizz Beatz crashed my session. When I got back, Swizz did a hook, then Jay did a verse and killed it. Jay tried to be humble and tell me, "You bodied me," but I wasn't having it. The things that come out of his mouth are crazy. I haven't heard anyone spit like him since Nas."
Nas, too, has publicly praised Electronica's emcee skills.

"Ah man, it's love man," Nas said about rappers co-signing him as a main influence in their music. "It never ceases to amaze me, I'm just happy that I'm here and I'm happy that all the other dudes are out there. I'm inspired by all the guys you're probably talking about. I'm inspired by them too...It's all good, there's all kinds of things going on now, it's always shifting. One area of the world will dominate rap music and then Mid-West and The South and The West, it just rotates and everybody gets their say. [For new artists?] Jay Electronica, I'm really, I'm digging him right now."
While Jay is slated to appear on R.E.D., Game recently said Nicki Minaj did not make his album.

"No [she's not on the album]. She was supposed to be and then we didn't make it happen fast enough and then the song got leaked though and it was a wrap. She's the most potent, new female hip-hop artist and we got one on this [West] side called Canary, she's dope and on the mixtape so be on the look-out for her...[Ashanti] can sing her a** off. Anything she sings sounds like radio material, so that's crazy."

Earlier this year, Game talked about wanting to collaborate with pop superstar Lady Gaga.

"I'm trying to get [Interscope co-founder and chairman] Jimmy Iovine to throw me in the studio with Lady Gaga," he explained in an interview. "She's a rebel, and I go against the grain every day, so, if it happens, it'll be monumental for the state of music...Dre and I have always been on the same team, I've just been too wild for him at times. He's older and legendary and he's been through enough drama in his career and doesn't have to jump into my drama. So, I understood that and why he pulled back."
The R.E.D. Album is scheduled to drop Tuesday, June 15th.

Check out a recent Game interview below:

No comments:

Post a Comment