Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Monday, May 3, 2010

Jim Jonsin On Eminem's "Recovery" LP, "He's Got Something Strong" [Video]


Producer Jim Jonsin has shared some insight on his contribution to Eminem's upcoming Recovery album.

Jonsin also talked about Em's studio work ethic.

"I heard some songs, he played me some music and it was incredible," Jonsin said about working with Em. "I can say he was great to work with, super cool and laid back, funny guy too, he's got jokes. The music that we did together, I was hoping to do more than the one record we have and I believe we have a very strong song, it could be a single...To me, he's got something strong and I just want to leave it at that...It's a real song, it's different for myself, the direction. It's a direction I haven't gone yet...He knows what he wants. He kinda knows as far as even from the mixing standpoint. He's on it...He let us do our thing but he did his thing and gave us some insight. He had some questions about the lyrics because he can be a bit aggressive and ask if it can be used for radio -- I'm in there with Eminem, so my thing is this guy is a superstar...The guy is very talented."
Last month, Jonsin said Em was willing to experiment on the new project.

"He was open to ideas," Jonsin revealed in an interview. "He was real respectful to my craft. He let me do what I do. He asked me ideas on some of the lyrics. We had ideas for lyric changes. Certain words may or may not work on radio. We talked about that. He had a setup outside of the room to do production, but I'd rather be in the room where he was at, and he was cool with that. And I knocked out a couple of joints in there while he was in there with me. He was pretty open and he let me do my thing. He did his thing. It was a pretty good experience...We touched on something that I haven't done anything like that before."
In addition to Jonsin, Em's new record will also feature a track from Mobb Deep's Havoc.

"I been trying to get placement on an Eminem project for the past two years with no success at doing it 'cause you know they pretty picky over there and rightfully so," Hav revealed in an interview. "So I almost landed a placement on [Relapse] but for whatever reason it didn't happen. I was never mad, but my philosophy was keep hitting them 'til something [stuck]."
The rapper recently justified scraping his Relapse 2 project for Recovery.

"I had originally planned for Relapse 2 to come out last year," Eminem said via a statement. "But as I kept recording and working with new producers, the idea of a sequel to Relapse started to make less and less sense to me, and I wanted to make a completely new album. The music on Recovery came out very different from Relapse, and I think it deserves its own title."
Check out Jim Jonsin's interview down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment