Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fat Joe On Filming "Slow Down" W/ Young Jeezy, "The Video Is Going Down Movie-Style"


New York rapper Fat Joe recently talked about his upcoming music video for "Slow Down" which features Young Jeezy.

The Terror Squad leader claims their mini-motion picture was shot throughout Manhattan, New York City.

"[Jeezy] knocked that hook out quick," Joe marveled. "I told him we were using that 'Slow down, son, you're killin' 'em,' then he started with that 'We came in this bi--- tonight to murder things. And we gonna leave this bi--- tonight a murder scene.'" Joe's video takes the viewer into the party. "The video is going down movie-style, if the hip-hop police let us," Fat Joe said. "We in Harlem. We gonna touch that town. Me and Jeezy gonna have Puff surfin' on the 'hood of the Phantom Drop. That New York Diddy bop. Jeezy coming through with that A-Town stomp."
The duo began filming "Slow Down" sometime last week.

As stated last night (April 11), Fat Joe & Young Jeezy were in town (New York City) to film Jose's first single "Slow Down (Ha Ha) from Jose's "Darkside" project. Looks like fun times were had up in Harlem while I was tucked away at the Ivey Inn watching The Big Bang Theory. Oh the life of a blogger.
The album features both commercial hit records and street tracks inspired by his fans.

"This album, I just wanted to take it to the streets crazy," Joe said in an interview. "When I go on tour I see a lot of my fans that are real loyal. They all kept telling me, 'Yo, Joe we want you to come back to the hardcore.' I tried to make them happy so I just took it all the way to the dark side. I'm just trying to give 'em that balance of that real street gritty Fat Joe -- the gangsta early Fat Joe -- but at the same time who also knows how to make hit records."
Earlier this year, Joe released "Slow Down (Ha Ha)" as the project's first single.

"Congratulations Welcome to THE DARK SIDE!! The first single off my new album ft. YoungJeezy HAHA(Slow Down Son) YA ALL WELCOME!!!!," he wrote Thursday (February 4). "Here is theClean Here is the dirty link again it I TOLD YA I WAS COMING WITH THAT MONSTER JOINT WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!! CRACK @Scoopdeville My brother that beat is a monster you see what me and jeezy did to that thing there !!!!!"

Fat Joe's The Dark Side drops Tuesday, June 29th

Check out some footage from the video shoot down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment