Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Soulja Boy Breaks Lock Into Film Industry, "I Wanna Do A Movie That's My Legacy"

Rapper Soulja Boy Tell Em has announced plans to link with actor/rapper Nick Canon for an upcoming film and reasoned why he wants to make a run at Hollywood.

According to Soulja Boy, his life story is still awaiting a big screen release.

"Me and Nick Cannon have been talking back and forth for, like, the last year about a movie idea," Soulja Boy said in an interview. "I did a movie with him earlier this year with Justin Bieber ['School Gyrls'], and it went straight to Nickelodeon. It was a good movie, but it was mostly for kids. We were talking back and forth, and he wants me to star in a movie that he wrote when he was, like, 17...I want people to know my story. Because a lot of people know Soulja Boy and know my songs, but a lot of people don't know where I'm from or where I came from, how I did it. A lot of people do know, but a movie would paint the picture so much better. I wanna do a movie that's my story, my legacy; what got me here and why I'm still here."

Moving into films, Soulja Boy will face competition from rappers-turned-actors including Ice Cube, 50 Cent and T.I.

The rapper - who made his acting debut in teen drama ATL in 2006 - stars in new crime thriller Takers, which he also executive produced, but doesn't see other rapper-turned-actors such as 50 Cent and Ice Cube as rivals. TI said: "I don't feel any. I don't feel any competition. I don't feel like I'm competing with anyone but myself. If anyone else does feel like that, it must suck to be them. But I don't feel like that."

Earlier this month, Soulja Boy collaborator/friend Bow Wow announced being cast in a new Tyler Perry film.

Bow Wow and Loretta Devine, who are set to appear together in the Warner Bros. comedy, 'Lottery Ticket,' will team up again in Tyler Perry's next film, 'Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family.' Perry will reprise his signature role as Madea Simmons in the film, adapted from his new stage play 'Madea's Happy Family,' which is currently on tour in the U.S. Also added to the film is current 'It' guy and Old Spice commercial pitchman Isaiah Mustafa. Devine and Bow Wow will play mother and son, while Mustafa is cast as the brother-in-law.

As of late, Soulja Boy has been working on a new album called The DeAndre Way.

"Three [beats]," Soulja Boy told radio host Tim Westwood when asked about working with Kanye West on the new album. "They sounding awesome. This album, I'm mostly doing it myself but I got a lot of producers that I'm working with. I'm working with a lot of artists, like even onTwitter. I'll send out blasts like 'Send me beats.' I got a producer called Super Sed in the 'A' that did 'Pronto,' he did 'Pronto' for Snoop Dogg..."

Check out some recent Soulja Boy Tell Em footage down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment