Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lil Wayne Puts Young Money Protege In Charge During Prison Stint


Young Money protege Lil Twist has come forward to take credit in helping keep Lil Wayne's Internet presence up through updates on Twitter and the rapper's WeezyThanxYou blog.

According to Twist, Wayne phones him and gives a run-down on what to make up-to-date.

"He calls me," Twist said . "He lets me know what he wants me to update from time and time. Every time he calls, I update everything he wants. That's my heavy connection to his blog site...That's a hard job. But I am that...Me and Wayne, we're like brothers. He really took me in. He taught me how to do everything, he taught me the music business," Twist added. "We got a strong brother bond."

Writing via his blog, Wayne has been able to keep fans in-tune to everything he is doing while awaiting a November 4th release from prison.

"So I've been writing and let me be the first to tell you that the lyrics that I'm writing are... well there's no word that I can think of that properly defines them. Amazing would be too typical and perfect would be unfair. I listen to the radio sometimes, emphasis on sometimes, and I hear the new music. I like some. I applaud my Young Money family for what they're doing. As I'm not surprised. This is what we're supposed to do. Congrats to Drake and Nicki for all their recent success. Those 2 are going to have me retiring early. I love my team. Much love to Tez and Mack. I know that people are inquisitive of what I do all day, so here goes. I wake up around 11AM. Have some coffee. Call my kids, and my wonderful mother. I then shower up. Read fan mail. Have lunch. Back on the phone. Read a book or write some thoughts down. Have dinner. Phone. Pushups. Then I listen to ESPN on the radio. Read the bible, then sleep. That's my day."

According to Wayne's co-manager and Young Money CEO Cortez Bryant, a new Wayne EP will hit stores before he is released.

"I'm putting out a [Wayne] album called I'm Not A Human Being and I'll probably drop it on his birthday, September 27...We not about to roll out no three month set up. I'm not even putting it out in stores. We just gonna put it out virally and maybe package it up for Christmas. Give 'em a hard copy later for fan appreciation."

Last March, Twist reportedly signed a record deal with Young Money.

Drake and Nicki Minaj aren't the only ones in Young Money creating industry buzz. Now teen rapper Lil Twist, who has long been associated with Young Money has officially signed his deal with rapper Lil Wayne's label Young Money Entertainment. Lil Twist has officially inked his contract with Universal/Young Money, with a rumored 1.3 million dollar signing bonus. Twist's debut album is set for release late this summer. His official single "Love Affair" is gaining lots of attention from the fans and he is shooting a video for that in the upcoming week.

Check out Baby giving an update on Lil Wayne down below:

No comments:

Post a Comment