Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Young Money's Lil Twist On Lil Wayne's Absence, "I Don't Even Think My Bro Did Anything Wrong"


Young Money's Lil Twist has shared his thoughts on Lil Wayne's current incarceration on a gun conviction and explained how he is managing to carry on for the jailed rapper.

For Twist, he has learned to cherish the opportunities presented to him.

"We'll be fine because [Wayne] has such a big name and now we have three of the hottest stars in the world, including Drake and Nicki, so we can't lose. We're gonna continue to run this game. This whole experience has taught me to stay humble and not to get in trouble. I don't even think my bro did anything wrong. With him being who he is and doing what he does, he needs protection, but there's different rules in every spot so we're gonna just make it through. I can't wait until we can put this behind us. I'm looking forward to working with him again. I'm looking forward to fun and games. I'm looking forward to talking to him about everything like I used to. I just want him to be proud when he sees me. I love my bro."

Drake also recently vouched for Wayne's innocence.

"One of my biggest influences ended up being a close friend of mine, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne who is actually responsible for my career has always been a huge influence to me and one of my heroes," Drake said in an interview. "I've talked to Wayne since he's been in jail. In my opinion, he didn't do anything wrong. I think that was the opportunity to make an example of somebody who didn't deserve to be made an example out of."

Nicki Minaj feels Wayne has helped motivate her music career.

"We remember last year being at MTV Spring Break, and Wayne was obviously the headliner," she recalled in an interview. "He's so much more than a headliner, he's a person that I look at, and I can't believe this guy is still going, after 20 to 30 minutes in the hot sun. To not have him here, it's like a life lesson for all of us -- always work as if we have no one else to depend on -- and that's what he teaches us. He did, like, 1,000 videos before he went in, knowing that he had to go to jail. A lot of us wouldn't do that. A lot of us would be curled up on a ball like, 'Oh my God, my life is about to be over.' So shout-out to Lil Wayne. We're honored that he chose each and every one of us, handpicked us. And we love him."

In Wayne's absence, Young Money has inked Lil Twist to an official label deal.

Drake and Nicki Minaj aren't the only ones in Young Money creating industry buzz. Now teen rapper Lil Twist, who has long been associated with Young Money has officially signed his deal with rapper Lil Wayne's label Young Money Entertainment. Lil Twist has officially inked his contract with Universal/Young Money, with a rumored 1.3 million dollar signing bonus. Twist's debut album is set for release late this summer. His official single "Love Affair" is gaining lots of attention from the fans and he is shooting a video for that in the upcoming week.

Listen to Lil Twist & Lil Wayne's "The Leak" below:

No comments:

Post a Comment