Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rick Ross' "Super High" Music Video Explained, "The Concept Actually Came From Me & Diddy"


Rick Ross and Ne-Yo have revealed the concept of their upcoming "Super High" music video off the rapper's forthcoming album, Telfon Don.

According to "The Boss," the concept came together from his time alongside Diddy.

"The concept actually came from me and Diddy -- we was running around New York City one night, went back to his penthouse and that's where the actual term 'super high' comes from," Ross explained. "It's 5 o'clock in the morning. I'm just burning, I'm thinking. [Diddy] turned on 'Purple Rain,' Prince. A few homies were in there -- D Roc, me and him reminiscing, talking about Biggie. After the conversation I just stopped watching the movie and walked to the huge window. And I was reflecting like, 'Wow.' It had me reflecting on how far I came as a artist and as a person." (MTV)

Ne-Yo claims Ross leads the video by being the head of a biker gang.

"It's basically Ross and his gang riding around doing what they do," guest star Ne-Yo said of the clip. "This is my first time working with F. Gary Gray. So far, so good. He's a movie director, so everything is gonna have that cinematic edge to it. It's gonna look like a mini-movie as opposed to just a music video." (MTV)

Actress Stacey Dash recently talked about filming the music video with Ross.

"F. Gary Gray called me and he's a director that I wanted to work with for a very long time. He's like 'Look I'm doing this music video, it's based around Harley Davidson and it's going to be amazing, will you do it with me?' I said, 'Of course! You're F. Gary Gray! I love your vision, yes! We shot it Sunday and Monday atPalm Desert--both 18-hour workdays. I play the video vixen. I'm in a Lamborghini and he pulls up on me. I'm not having a good time with my man and he's like 'Come with me.' There's about 20 guys in Harley bikes surrounding me. I'm like 'Heck yeah, I'm getting on the bike!'" (VIBE)

Photos from their shoot hit the Internet last month.

Rick Ross & F. Gary Gray have moved on passed the treatment and began shooting the video for Rick Ross' first single off Teflon Don, "Super High", this week-end in L.A.. I guess Stacey Dash is a video vixen now? She still looks good for her 40 something year old self. Sheesh! More images and footage coming soon! (57th Ave)

Check out some behind-the-scenes footage of "Super High" below:

No comments:

Post a Comment