Young King on Twitter

Young King on Myspace

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Birdman On Drake's Early Success, "He Got That Swagger & You Can't Deny That"




Cash Money Records co-founder Baby has weighed in on Drake's early success within the rap game and explained why his swag goes unmatched.

From the Birdman's view, Drizzy is in a class of his own.

"He got that swagger and you can't deny that," Birdman said in an interview. "Man, that success of Drake, I saw it happen right in front of my face! I knew he was destined for greatness, but not this fast. Drizzy's coming, ya heard me! He's in the lab right now. The kid is special."

Last December, Baby compared Drake's status to Lil Wayne's.

"Drake is already a superstar," Baby explained in an interview. "That's 20 years from now. Hopefully, he'll be bigger. That's what we're striving for. We ain't tripping. We're working hard for him to be bigger than anyone else. We want the best for him. Now, I don't see any top labels. I look around and see all those people who did it before me. To me, the labels, I don't see no company with constant success with a clique. At some point, there was a lot of people doing this. It used to be crowded. I see a lot of people who have done it, and now don't see them."

Drake recently spoke on his developing rap skills and what content his Thank Me Later debut would offer upon its release this year.

"You can expect the same sound, I'm still going to be telling a story," Drake explained in an interview. "I've got a great story to tell now -- it's been a crazy year. I just want to make it a little bigger, a little more energy. Sonically, I want to advance. I think I've gotten better at rapping since the last one so I'm excited to share it with the world. That's how I come up with songs, I'll sit there and rap to myself. There are people who are phenomenal at freestyling, but I'm a writer."

The rapper has also won the attention of NBA superstar LeBron James.

"Unbelievable recording artist," LeBron said of Drake. "Unbelievable talent. I'm looking forward [to] his first LP. I think we all got So Far Gone and all the mixtapes he's come out with. But he's an unbelievable talent. He's great for everybody, great for music."

Check out a past Birdman interview below:

No comments:

Post a Comment